Remington 9mm

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by jpattersonnh, Mar 20, 2011.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I went pistol shooting the other day. Brought a box of Remington 115gr 100 count bulk pack. It kept jamming in my P1. It was a magazine jam on almost every mag I filled. I have never had an issue w/ handloads, Winchester white box or Ranger ammo. I only brought 1 mag for it as I brought 6 handguns. I know this mag is good as I used it on many outings without a single issue. My Sig shot the ammo fine and is also a single stack. I noticed the brass at the case mouth was very sqaure and sharp. It was pretty rough compared to Winchester brass. Anyone else have any issues like this? I have had the box for a few years and desided to shoot it up. Very dissapointing.

2. m72law

m72law New Member

i'm not sure about remington ammo....but the ''white box'' winchester 100rds. bulk buy works well in all of my 9mm pistols...not so much in the uzi :/.. it might be weak ammo?i'd love to have a walther P1,are thier slides heavier than the others?...when you say the case mouth looks sqaure & sharp is that before or after its fired?

3. jpattersonnh

Before. The P1 has an operating rod and spring on each side. This was not the FTfeed, this was a mag jam. The brass was sqaure and sharp on the loaded ammo.

4. m72law

m72law New Member

sounds like the ammo is out of spec.?
    i always thought remington to be decent ammo...:(

5. jpattersonnh

The only decent Rem ammo I have is in 7mm Rem mag. Most of their other is under powered or crappy imho.