Remington 887 Nitromag

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by FCross7, Aug 31, 2009.

1. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. Lupo

Lupo New Member

I've held one and I have to say its a wee bit sloppy on the forearm. and the forearm is also pretty big.(keep in mind 16 year old hands...not full grown) I was really looking to get it for hunting/skeet use as well but decided I will take care of my gun to much so i really dont need the ruggedness of it and its just really not a gun thats meant for skeet/trap.

3. YJGUY

YJGUY New Member

It's a cool looking gun, but I have a few 870's already. Besides, I feel like I would be cheating on them if I strayed into the 887 line.:rolleyes:

4. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I have heard mixed reports from actual shooters so far. Keep in mind a gun writer never met a gun (made by an advertiser) that he didn't like. I haven't even seen one yet. They made it to appeal to the black plastic gun lover crowd, and it appears to be working well in that regard.
    I have a blued steel and walnut Wingmaster so I don't need one.

5. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I went to bass pro the other day and held one. The first thing I noticed was that it was REALLY light, much lighter than my Mossberg 500, which only has an 18.5 barrel and a top folding stock. One thing that I really like is that it has a fluorescent green front bead, and a fluorescent orange mid bead that is slightly lower than the front bead, makes for a nice sight. The only thing I didn't like, is when pushing the slide release, if you don't get your finger out of the way, the slide will pin it between the slide and trigger guard. But overall I like it, and it was only $339.99. I might head back over there tomorrow and pick it up depending on how my bank account looks.

-Fred