Remington 887 Nitro Magnum Tactical

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Bigcountry02, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I was at local shop they had a Remington 887 Nitro Magnum Tactical on the rack for less than $400. I finally get home and check on the specifications, crap nice deal. Will check Monday morning on the shotgun if it is their, if so -then it will be purchased.

Any thoughts from the forum?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I've not seen many good reviews on them. Having said that, I've never handled, shot, or owned one. If the price is right though, I would continue to look into it. I hope that you find it to be a good buy.

3. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I've heard mixed reviews on them personally. Let us know if you pick it up.

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Will do! I will take the morning drive when they open up in the morning. All I have seen or heard is from youtube videos.

5. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Hey like I said, I've found some bad reviews and some good reviews on it, curious to hear how it feels/shoots from an actual person than rabdow web reviews..

6. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Looks like a 870 supermag to me.....I thought it was meant for duck hunting. Tactical! Its gotta be better. The Super Mag has hit a block wall since the Hevi-shot etc revolution hit the scene. Remington didnt see this for some reason and has started to push it on the tacticool folks to warrant its existance I guess. With the invent of the heavy shot loads Remington has shot itself in the foot, I guess trying to open new markets for existing firearms is a last ditch effort to warrant the line instead of discontinuing it. I have a super mag and I am a firm believer in the power and usefulness of the 3 1/2 00Buck load, its not what I purchased the gun for from the start. I bought it as a elite waterfowl slaying machine with the steel shot loads, steel shot sucks......

Badshot