Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by niner33, Jan 26, 2013.

1. niner33

niner33 New Member

Has anyone had any experience with this & is it as good as an 870?

2. akers06

akers06 New Member

I shot one and I.hated it...it kicked like a mule, the pump was really rough on it, and it felt really awkward.....plus I have heard some duck hunters say that moisture gets under the plastic on the barrel and receiver and rusts really bad

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Google some reviews. It was once rated by a magazine as the worst shotgun to be introduced. A lot if that was the fact that it was rushed into release before if was tested thoroughly. See what the early reviews said and then check more recent reviews.

For defensive pumps I'd still stick to Remington's 870, Mossberg's 500/590, or the Benelli Nova.

4. niner33

niner33 New Member

Many thanks, without having shot one, I appreciate the info from those more experienced. Looks like i'll stick with an 870 or 500/590

5. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

The only reason I can fathom for the 887 was a desire to prove to the world that Benelli did not have a corner on the ugly gun market.

6. akers06

akers06 New Member

And they didn't do anything about it....the nova is 10 times the gun the 887 is

7. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

It averages out then, because I think the Wingmaster is 10 times the gun a Nova is. :) Don't think I have any love for the 887 because I don't. Yuck.

8. akers06

akers06 New Member

Lol idk about that but ok at least you didn't say an express or 500

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

My LGS (Mom and Pop shop) just short drive away had one, no sticking on the pump and it was used (trade in), they wanted $387 if I remember correctly. Most of the brand new models are all gone.

Now, with paying the tax bills, getting another firearm is off limits for now!