Remington 870

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by wiliardo123, Mar 13, 2012.

1. wiliardo123

wiliardo123 New Member

Hella folks.
    I'm buying a heat shield for an 18 inch barrel express.
    I've run across sad reviews regarding ATI brand and TACSTAR.
    To be honest I'm not planning spending a lump sum of money for the accessory.

What would be my best choice.?

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Why do you think you need one? On a pump you can't grab the barrel and pump anyway.

3. wiliardo123

wiliardo123 New Member

I guess because of shooting multiple targets the barrel will get pretty hot then I may accidentally grab it.
    I just thought its an important piece to have.

4. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

The only time my barrel gets more than just warm is when shooting clays. In a hd scenario. You probably will shoot the fun a few times at most. Nothing that will make it hot. But it does look cool, just not something that is needed but if planning for the zombies, it wouldn't hurt.

5. wiliardo123

wiliardo123 New Member

I hope not shooting a BG and get my barrel hot.

I was thinking about the accessory because of target practice.

6. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I don't know about you but after about 30 rounds I am ready to put my gun away. 15 with slugs. My gun was never hot. But if you feel like you need it, get it.

7. Werminator

Werminator Member

I kinda side with the guys who have asked why... I also have an 870 and I love it but I won't be slapping a heat shield on it because in my opinion it is added weight and added work when taking the gun apart and it is also less money I can spend on the ammo I SHOULD be running through it! I have been debated the addition of a sling of some sort but truth be told I will probably leave it exactly as I bought it.

8. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

A sling is useful. Helps support the gun. And the 870 is heavy compared to a 500 helped me bag my first buck. Thats the last thing my 12 needs. Is the sling kit and a sling. After that is the gg&g forend. Tactical yet practical.