Remington 870

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by gshunsbergerjr, Oct 8, 2011.

1. gshunsbergerjr

gshunsbergerjr New Member

I am looking for a full choke that I can use with steel bbs. I found one but it is too short. It slides into the muzzle and I can't tighten it. Any suggestions or does anyone know where I can get something? Thank you

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

check out Midway, Brownells or MidSouth Shooters Supply. all of these carry lots of choke tubes for the Remington 870 shotgun. just check and make sure they are compatible with steel shot. good luck.

3. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

all my remington and beretta tubes say not for use with steel shot.steel will not compress and in mho your asking for a barrel bulge

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm pretty sure there are choke tubes specifically for steel shot. Duck hunters in my area use steel, bismuth, and tungsten. I'm sure there's more, but since I haven't been duck hunting since I was about 12, I don't know about them.

5. Axxe55

choke tubes made for steel shot are different from lead in the material and the constriction size. they do make choke tubes just for steel shot. Briley and Hastings both do, and both are carried by Midway.

6. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

my bad! the full tubes are marked not for steel. the mod tubes are marked full steel mod lead . steel needs less choke

7. Axxe55

tony, for posting the wrong info, you will be grounded from shooting for one week!

8. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

how bout 5 days need to train on sat got a tourny on the 22ed

9. gshunsbergerjr

Is there a difference between full choke and a full sporting clay choke?

10. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

i have never seen sporting clays chokes? use a mod tube with steel its the same as full.

11. gshunsbergerjr

12. Axxe55

sporting clays choke tubes are usually longer to control the shot pattern little better. just order some sporting clays full chokes and you will be good to go. okay tony punishment suspended to five days!

13. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Remington makes a flush Full rated for use with anything. Made of maraging steel. I know Briley and Carlsons also make steel rated RemChoke tubes.