Remington 870

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by pumpkinball, Sep 8, 2010.

1. pumpkinball

pumpkinball New Member

I have a guy wanting to trade a Remington 870 pump towards a truck I have. I'm all up for that. The thing is... I'm really not sure what I should give for the gun. Here are the details I have. 20" BBL. 9 shot capacity with added mag extender. SureFire Light mounted. Synthetic stock and fore end. Picatinny rail mounted. 2 choke tubes included. Oh and it's the UltraMag (shoots 3 1/2" shells). He's coming tomorrow to make the deal so I am short on time, just curious to see what ya'll think.

Thanks
    Pumpkinball

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Perhaps you could help us help you? Is the truck worth MORE or LESS than the shotgun? Also, I think you mean SUPER mag, the ULTRA mag if their rifle.

Are you asking what we feel the shotgun is worth? Because the basic 870 Super Mag goes for about $300-$330 depending on where you shop.

Surefire really likes their products, but they range from about $200 to about $350 fo rthe 870 model depending on where you shop.

Depending on conditon and how much "extra" stuff really comes with it would be a question for a Remington guy.

I am thinking a used gun, in good to great condition, I would go maybe $500-$550 in this market - and that would be "for a friend in need" price unless there is something special I am missing.

JD

3. pumpkinball

pumpkinball New Member

Truck is worth more.