Remington 770

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by cjb762, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Remington 770. Lgs has one. I am looking to use it as a hunting rifle. It's a 30 06 with a synthetic stock.

2. Model70

Model70 Member

Garbage. Only buy if you like pain, misery and suffering.

3. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

I just read previous thread "Budget hunting rifle". Got my answer. Thanks anyway.

4. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I have not heard, read, seen or otherwise received any information about these rifles that is good in any way. From all of the information I have been exposed to about the 770 I can only determine that it is not a very good rifle. There are some other rifles in this price range that would provide more value and give more bang for the buck. Savage and Marlin both offer better rifles in this price range.

5. jonetone1

jonetone1 New Member

If your looking for an affordable rifle try the t/c venture.

6. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

I already have a Rem 700. I could probably get this for about $250.00. It was gonna be something else to play with. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

Rem 770 is junk. Shot one before that a buddy bought because of the price. Crappy action and not accurate.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

they can be bought new for less than $300 in some places. our WalMart had them for sale at one time for $285 NIB. i had one a few years ago, pure junk. gritty and heavy trigger, flimsy stock and a rough bolt when cycling. save your money as there are much, much better rifles out there.

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

BUY SOMETHING ELSE!
    There is also a lot of good used rifles out there for a good price.
    Most guys buy them on a whim sight them in and they become closet or safe guns. If the bolt locking lugs still have the original finish on the locking lugs and if the bore is good as they normally always are you have a good deal. For example, in the recent past I purchased a Model 700 Remington with Scope at a local gun show for $450.00. That is not a rare occasion. There usually are many similar deals at the shows and most of the time the dealers have taken them in on trade and want to move the inventory and the dollars! Just a hint. I also saw a Parker Hale Deluxe rifle also for $500 with a scope but it was in a caliber that I already have. The also are excellent rifles.

10. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Thanks for the info. It was almost an impulse buy. But I thought it would be better to ask around. So I can scratch that one off the list. I am still thinking about replacing the 700. We'll just have to keep looking. Thanks guys.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if you are looking for a good budget priced rifle, check out the Marlin X7 series of rifles. well made, accurate, adjustable triggers, pillar bedded stocks and decently priced. i currently own three of them, a XS7 in 7mm-08, a XL7 in 25-06, and a XS7VH in 308. these rifles are every bit as good as M700! and i own five M700's. check them out, you might be suprised at them. and they are a dang nice looking rifle too.

12. thompsoncenter7mm08

thompsoncenter7mm08 New Member

The stock falls off when you are shooting it.