Remington 721

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by BillP53, Nov 5, 2012.

1. BillP53

BillP53 New Member

I posted this in the wrong section so I am re-posting it again here just in case others did not see it before sorry for the mix up.

I have an old Remington 721 of my fathers that was bought new over 60 years ago. My 36 year old son who should have known better dropped the rifle while climing a dear stand and broke the stock. Is there any where I can find a replacememt with out having to rework another stock or is that my only choice. I would like to put a walnut back on it but will take what ever I can get at this point.

2. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

I would go to bobs gun parts . Numerick gun supply . Hoosier gun works. They all sell used stocks and some semi finished for obsolete models and brands.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

3. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

If you cannot find a stock a ADL stock will work if you take a little wood out to relive it for the safety and the barrel flare for the rear sight on the 721 the 700 dont have. The ADL stocks are checkered and have a shinny finish but are not cut for the opening floor plate the BDL has.

4. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Also,
    check out ebay. I have occasionally seen 721 and 722 stocks on there.
    cottontop

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That breaks my heart!!! Here is a good option. Mix some Walnut stain w/ BLO (boiled Linseed oil) 50/50 mix and rub it down until the color you want is acheived. Wait 2 hours between coats. Use a cotton or cotton flannel clothe.
    http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/CLA-REM-721-NL-SI-p/503-126.htm

6. BillP53

BillP53 New Member

Thinks guys for all the help I should be able to get it fixed soon thaks again