Remington 700....

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by LakeshoreShooter, Mar 3, 2013.

1. LakeshoreShooter

LakeshoreShooter New Member

I am buying a 700 that is in .06. The bluing on the barrel and receiver are in bad shape, but the stock is a beautiful dark walnut with really cool looking grain. I know this is most likely a silly question, but if I buy a Rem. 700barreled action say in 300 Win. Mag, will that fit into the stock I mentioned? I am thinking that it should....kind of a no-brainer. But I am not familiar with sporting rifle too much. Any help would be much appreciated :)

2. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I think I would just have it reblued. They can buff it out if it has surface rust. Is it in good shape other than the blueing?

3. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Also if you have a 300 mag. Have you looked online for stocks? I did some research and you can find some at decent prices

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The .300 Win Mag uses a standard length action as the OAL is the same as the .30-06. The main issue you need to concern yourself with is magazines. Remington 700s use 3 magazine configurations Blind (ADL), Hinged (BDL and CDL) and Detachable (DBM). As long as you are swapping guns with the same magazine configuration, it should work.