Remington 700 X-mark pro recall

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Alpha1Victor, Apr 12, 2014.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Mine is affected. But i changed the trigger to the Timney on the very 1st day. Wonder if i should just send them the trigger itself?

2. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I have a few affected. There are quite a few rifles affected and I'm concerned about the repair time frame.

3. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have 700 VTR .223, I have fired over a 1000+ rounds, only issue is more feeding required. Being a bolt action rifle, only time a round is load in the chamber is getting ready to fire and muzzle is down range.

I do not keep a round chamber on my bolt action rifles.

This model has magazine well; but, no magazines are made for this rifle.

4. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Although the description of the reason for recall is that "some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process" it isn't really clear how to identify this problem ourselves.

It seems that there should be some info for those that need to get the problem fixed.

But it looks like they specifically day we shouldn't.

http://xmprecall.remington.com/

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  5. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

... tagging this for further action.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well i got three of them that came up! none of which have ever malfunctioned in the least. two of the them have a couple thousand rounds through them and have never exhibited any problems and even have had the triggers adjusted. hmmmmmm........... a person would think if there was a problem witt them, that it would have showed up by now.

one of them is a bare M700 action for a build that is going to get an aftermarket trigger anyways.

7. Bigcountry02

This recall is basically straight across the board. They're seeing what is happening to the GM situation with ignition switch failure and not taking any changes.

Look at Toyota and Volkswagen as well, different problem; but, something has them spooked.

Ruger has recall as well:
    http://www.ruger.com/micros/recall/index.html

My 700 VTR .223 has 1000+ rounds and took the rifle to the range today, fired only 32 rounds - winds were starting to crank up.

The issue is this rifle has a fancy for HSM .223 55 grain ammo. I shoot other ammo; but, HSM has become the choice round.

8. oldman10mm

oldman10mm Member

Well,this sucks. Just got a 700 SPS Tactical 223 5 days before the recall,mine is on the list based on serial number. I just paper punch 1 round at a time so I intend to use/try it. An aftermarket trigger was in the thought process when I got it,so that'll probably happen.

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I would send the gun in for refitting anyway. Ruger admits to problems with the trigger assembly but they do not say what all is replaced once they get the gun.

10. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I have read the problem is that the rifles are not drop safe. Could be other problems also.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Just spoke to the Remington rep mins ago. Asked if i could just send back the trigger by itself as i had installed aftermarket parts like stock, trigger, scope and etc.
    He said they need the whole rifle as in original form back. I'm not going to take it apart and put them all back with the original parts. Too lazy for that.
    At the end of conversation the rep asked for my full name and add.
    Told him "no thx, i don't feel like giving it to you".

12. Axxe55

i always do a drop test as part of the safety check after adjusting the trigger. (all my M700's have the triggers adjusted lower)

13. Axxe55

i seriously doubt Ruger is going to replace the trigger assembly on his Remington rifle.:rolleyes:

14. sandog

sandog Member

I looked at the recall info even though I replaced the trigger with a Timney a couple weeks ago, Seems the triggers with a ribbed shoe are not affected, only the smooth ones. I don't know why Remington can't get past their trigger problems, even with the "New and Improved" X Mark Pro. The Timney is sweet, I got the one with left hand safety included. Goes down to 1.5 lbs. but I set it at 2 lbs. for now. My stock Remington trigger is now a paperweight on the desk.

15. Bigcountry02

My 700 VTR .223 has been knocked over and dropped a few times on the butt stock. I do not keep a round chamber of any of the bolt actions, unless getting ready to shoot down range or hunting.

My 700 is on the recall list based on serial number.

I too have read the recall notification, nothing about replacement

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Can Remington legally catalog serial numbers to owners to be used as future registration? I wouldnt be surprised if the feds raided Remington in two years to get this information. After all, these rifles are the base for the military "sniper" rifle, and I quote president Obama "military grade weapons don't belong on our streets".

-runs off to conspiracy threads, holding foil hat tight-

17. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Darn it. My sons 243 is affected by this recall.

18. Pieter

Pieter New Member

Remington 700

My son's Remington 700 in .308 is affected by this recall, but it states further that it is only for United States consumers.

19. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Should I remove the scope when I send it in?