Remington 700 stocks

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jdenny5, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jdenny5

jdenny5 New Member

Have just recently bought an Remington 700 .308 SPS Varmint. I am looking to get a M40A3 stock or instead of the one that came with it. Where I best place to get a stock? Also what is a good mid price range scope for target shooting in the 500-600 yard range?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

3. jdenny5

jdenny5 New Member

Thanks, trying to build up the base model .308 into a good distance shooter. Actually not bad as is but want to make it better. I'll check out the scope sight. Glad to be hear, love the site.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm sure someone will be by with stock options shortly.

5. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Choate stocks are good and good priced. I have one on my tactical rem 700 .308 I like it!

image-2066382888.jpg

6. jdenny5

jdenny5 New Member

Good stuff guys, thanks!

7. The_I_am_Frustrated

The_I_am_Frustrated New Member

So, in keeping with my habits of dpreview, instead of starting a new thread I'm going to just continue this one. After searching for a bit I coudln't seem to find what I was looking for. I am looking at getting a Remington 700 SPS Varminter just like the OP's but I was wondering about modifications for making the rifle magazine fed. Thanks for the info guys

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Jdenney, check out MidwayUSA. they carry the McMillen, the H-S Precision and Bell & Carlson stocks. any of these will work well for you. if going strictly target shooting, check into getting a Timiny adjustable trigger. will make a world of difference in accurate shooting. the distances you want to shoot at, i would look into Vortex, Leopold, Sightron in about a 6-18 or 6-24 power.

IAF, look at MidwayUSA for the H-S Precision stocks and trigger guard and floorplate assembly. they have all the parts to convert it into a magazine fed system.

9. The_I_am_Frustrated

The_I_am_Frustrated New Member

alright, thank you for the information. I will definitely look into that and see how hard it is to get it across the border. Anywho, Jdenney, have you considered Nikon or Ziess options yet? They make excellent optics and I do think that you wouldn't be dissapointed by either or them

10. jdenny5

jdenny5 New Member

Will check them out. Been out of shooting for a couple of years due to a broken back while skydiving. Had to have couple back surgeries and fusions done and have just not been able to keep up with all the new stuff that's out there. Thanks again for everyones response.

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I must ask, but if you don't want to share I understand. I have been skydiving twice and my husband wants me to take him. May I ask how you broke your back?

12. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I shot a 700 in 30-06 with a choate ultimate sniper stock. I was surprised how much recoil it took out of the gun, it was also very comfortable, although heavy.