Remington 700 stock

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jeepboy4life, Jun 2, 2013.

1. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

I have a rem 700 ADL in .243, I've wanted to put an aftermarket stock on it. This will be a coyote and varmint gun when I'm finished, I have my choices narrowed to the ultra light axiom or the choate ultimate varmint. Any experience with these two stocks? Thanks

2. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

Also one other thing, im leaning torwards the choate stock bc it is made for ADL's and the axiom is made for the BDL so i would have to buy the conversion kit for that stock to work.

3. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Chore makes great stocks I have one on my rem 700 308 and love it.

image-3247800453.jpg

4. TreyB55

TreyB55 New Member

I have the Choate Ultimate Varmint on my Remington M700 VTR in .308. Very solid stock and I love the feel of it. The pistol grip is a little bulky for most, but I really think it gives it a solid feel and a great anchor point. The adjustable L.O.P. and Comb height is awesome. The only one thing that I wish it didn't have would be the adjustable sling mount on the bottom of the front. It doesn't apparently cause a problem, but since the bipod doesn't sit on a solid whole forend, it just sits on the little slide piece. The whole aluminum one piece bedding block is great. Easy installation and perfect fit. Recommended. I also had the Axiom stock, and it's a pretty good stock, the forend is rather flimsy, and it is only aluminum pillars, not aluminum bedding. The recoil reduction is rather pointless on a .243, as it was un-noticable on my .308. Choate would be my choice over the Axiom every time.

Attached Files:

5. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

Thanks for the input, i am going to order the Ultimate varmint, one more question though, how much weight did it add to your rifle, thanks again.

6. TreyB55

TreyB55 New Member

My gun had a plastic stock that was extremely light. The stock itself weighs about 4 pounds, so it added about 2 pounds or so to my already heavy rifle. You can add weight in either the but stock or the pistol grip if you would like.

7. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

Got my choate ultimate varmint stock in the mail today. It feels great! got it put on and it is one solid stock. Feels absolutely great, i can see my self and this stock being together for many years to come. Thanks for your help ya'll

8. valechris33

valechris33 New Member

Jeepboy, assuming that you have shot it since June, what are your thoughts on the new choate stock? I'm in the market for a new stock for my 7mm mag.

9. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Im actually thinking of getting that Ultimate Varmint for a .22-250. Have had the Ultimate Sniper on a .308 for several years and aint plannin on taking it off. Im interested in hearing his results with it.

10. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

i've shot quite a bit since i have put this stock on, this gun has reduced the woodchuck population dramatically in my area. The stock is big, bulky, long, and heavy...but it is amazing, when you grab a hold of this gun you are locked into a shooting position. as stated above the pistol grip is a bit bulky but its comfortable, when you grab this gun and you are getting ready to shoot it is an extension of you! i highly recommend this stock for anyone who isnt going to hike 10 miles with the gun, its been on a few coyote treks and by the time i get to the stand it gets heavy, but once your there....there's nothing you cant touch. One thing though, weather you are going to shoot prone or sitting i highly recomend a bi pod on this stock, i carry two with me, a 9-13 for prone and a 12-25 for when im sitting, also with this stock it has the quick change bi pod adapter, so you can switch between bi pods on seconds.....Highly recommended!

Attached Files: