Remington 700 Sendero 25-06

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by lonyaeger, Oct 14, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Great condition with bull barrel and nice composite stock with one-piece scope mount for $850 delivered.

What do y'all think of that price? I think the Sendero is no longer being made and is considered to be pretty good.

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Lon,The Sendero is a great rifle for stand hunting or bench shooting,but they are HEAVY.You probably won't be dragging it around with you in the woods very long before it would get like carrying an anchor.

They do shoot good.The price seems a bit high though,if it could be had for around $650,I'd say jump on it. THB

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Well you know that I'm really not a Remington fan,unless it is an old Remington. I do like the Sendero's though,along with the new 5R rifles.Those guns will shoot!

The only thing about getting a sporter tapered barrel on a 25/06 is they get very hot,very fast.Even the varmint/bull barreled 25/06 will heat up with just a few shots.

Here's some more-

Savage 112 FVSS 25-06 : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Savage 110FCP-K LE AccuTrigger AccuStock 25-06 Rem : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Ruger M77 Mark II 25-06 26" SS Laminate 17978 : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

The 112 Savage has always been a shooter.
    I guess Savage decided to bring back the 25/06 Tactical this year with the 110FCP-K LE,just like your 300WM.
    The Ruger has always shot good,and now I think they even have a decent factory trigger-Not great,just decent.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

regular sendaro is fetching $635 at 100%

The only sendaro's I ever saw were stainless and had fluted barrels. They are blue booking at $835 for 100%. I would never pay that for a used unless it was still in the wrapper in the original box and it was sealed.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Yeah, but I don't think they make the Sendero in 25-06 any more. Looks like they're making it in fewer calibers all the time.

6. Rockyrules

Rockyrules New Member

I paid around that for mine in the 300 win in 1995, it is heavy but man it can really drive tacks

7. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

In about another month and a half I am ordering a new Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag. I know they are heavy, but I don't care. I'll take off a couple pounds on my chubby rear end and it will compensate for the weight. hahaha I've seen these guns shoot, and they are awesome. I'm gonna put a bipod on it and get after it. I know this doesn't help with your decision as you are buying used, but you are right, they don't make it ina 25-06 anymore, so if you are set on that caliber, then you might not have much of a choice but to pay that. Otherwise, you may want to look at the 264 or something like that. They also make a similar version in the more varmint calibers. I have a buddy with one like that in 22-250 that he really enjoys.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Uh, no. This thread is almost a year old. I never wound up with a Sendero, but thanks.

9. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

LOL never even realized the date on the thread, sorry