Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
I don't believe you can adjust it like a 700. I think there is a way to lighten the trigger pull weight though. I am not sure as I do not own one.

Try looking at rimfire central as well.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
The best thing to do is buy the aftermarket parts & install them. The 597 triggers SUCK as far as being to rework them like you can 10/22s.

·
Banned
6,261 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
all it takes is a little sanding and polishing. i got mine down to about 3 1/2 lbs. there is a lot of info on how to do it at rfc. when you go over just check out the remington thread and click on 597

·
Registered
120 Posts
i got the 22wmr version for $1.2k here and its the most expensive load of bollocks ever.

I'm returning it and getting a saiga 12 and another ruger 10/22

The stock trigger SUCKS
the EASY removable chargin handle SUCKS
and its about as accurate as toast.

I was depressingly depressed about how **** this rifle performed.

we used over 150 rounds of winchester super x to sight it in and couldnt get a grouping of less than 6 inches at about 50 yards

Absolute crap.

·
Banned
6,261 Posts
all it takes is a little sanding and polishing. i got mine down to about 3 1/2 lbs. there is a lot of info on how to do it at rfc. when you go over just check out the remington thread and click on 597
The only info I found about the trigger was the trigger shoe and to bu the volquartsen hammer.

:confused:

Are you saying the trigger weight can be adjusted manually bu sanding the trigger?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts