remington 541s parts

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by lilrichthedragon, Sep 6, 2012.

1. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

Hi im looking for a few parts for a Remington 541s. Im rebuilding one from almost scratch. I have a barrel I had to cut because it was bent pretty bad. A bolt but the striker spring is wore out. I don't have any of the trigger assembly parts. Hoping to end up with a sorta dirty harry bolt action pistol only a 22 lol. So anyone have the parts I need or know someone that does please let me something. Also if there was anything else I forgot to mention I might need.

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I believe it is illegal to make a rifle into a pistol. You can legally build a rifle or pistol or shotgun from scratch but changing one to another is usually a no-no. But I am not an expert on any legal matters. Did you check gunpartscorp?
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4300

3. lilrichthedragon

I didn't know that nevermind ill scrap it

4. lilrichthedragon

What if I just made into a rifle with a 15 in barrel.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Nope on the 15" try 16.25" and be real sure of your measureing.

6. lilrichthedragon

Ok well I believe its going to be too short. Polly should've just tried to straighten it out.
    I went on gunbroker and couldn't belive what there going for

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Naa can't straight'n a bent barrel. Guess you could contact remmy about a new barrel?? OR If you have a good local machinest on smithy you might look at a greem mountain barrel that can be installed. Make a interesting project. Black reciever SS barrel?? or send it out for a coating or blueing. http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/barrelblanksround/175-round-rifle-barrel-blanks

Make the price right?? I like a challenge. HA

8. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I have a couple of remington 511 and 512 barrels. They may fit without much trouble.

9. lilrichthedragon

Could u post a couple of pics?

10. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Here is a pic

Attached Files: