Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is a 513S barrel, and it's in a 513T stock. I don't recall if the 513S was D&T'ed for the peep sight though, maybe post war. The 513S stock has a slim profile and checkered, adding to the 2.25lbs lighter than a 513T. Receivers were all the same for the 510,511,512, and 513, so it could be any one of those. One of my 513T's was factory built on a 512 receiver, grooved for a scope.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it's not original factory how does it effect the value? I bought it several years ago for 400 dollars
The T and S have the same barrel, different sights. You didn't get hurt on the price at all. As far as the receiver being swapped, no one can prove if it is, or isn't. Original owner bought mine NIB, and that's the only way I knew it had come with the 512 receiver. Other than the scope grooves, I had no idea what it was until I tore it down for a deep cleaning and found the modification for the 512 tube feed. Probably from parts cleanup in the late 1960's.
Remington had a couple more models they didn't catalog or mark as such either. There's a 513R, that is marked 513T, but came from the factory with Redfield peep sights. The 513T was the popular one to get back in the day, now the 513S brings the premium. If I were you, I would look for a 513S stock for it, it'll more than double what you paid for the gun.

·
Premium Member
15,275 Posts
I have done an early inheritance of some firearms to my grandsons. Sadly grand daughter is not interested.

Reactions: TRAP55
1 - 13 of 13 Posts