Remington 512p aperature sight ??

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jdsingleshot, Dec 2, 2019.

1. jdsingleshot

jdsingleshot Active Member

I'm refurbishing a Rem 512 bolt action. The aperture sight is missing the parts that hold the peep in the sight frame. I can make those, if I know what's missing. Can one of you photograph or draw those parts for me?

The parts go in an opening shaped sort of like this (top should be centered):
    _____
    /_____\

2. jdsingleshot

Thanks a million. Now I just have to figure the thread pitch and I can make the part.

SGWGunsmith likes this.
  3. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Thread pitch for which screws?

4. jdsingleshot

Pitch to match the thread on the eyepiece. It is 7/32 diameter. Looks like 40 tpi, but I have not checked yet. I can easily compare it to taps I have in 32 and 40. Thanks for asking, and if you know the tpi, I'd be happy to learn it.

SGWGunsmith likes this.
  5. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

I think you may have nailed it at 40 TPI, but I would check it with a thread pitch gage, if you have one handy, just to be sure.

6. jdsingleshot

Yep, 7/32-40 was right. Made a tap to thread a new shoulder nut and single-pointed a new eyepiece. All working and looks factory, iidssm. Thanks for the encouragement.