Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some guns can fire a round in the chamber if the magazine is accidently dropped, while others can not. Just out of curiousity can the Remington R1 fire without a mag? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere online.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have experience with the particular model, however for nearly all 1911's to fire (assuming the hammer is cocked and a bullet is chambered) you have to disengage the external safety, engage the grip safety, and pull the trigger. No magazine is required.

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
That is not a recommended practice.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
There is no magazine safety on my R1.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
as long as its not a California or Maine gun those states require magazine safeties or the firearm can't make the approved list

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's not a Maine or California gun, so I'm assuming it has no magazine safety then, I'm not going to try it to find out though.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
No it's not a Maine or California gun, so I'm assuming it has no magazine safety then, I'm not going to try it to find out though.
Well? Inquiring minds need to know. ;)

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
bikerlbf406 said:
Dooooo it..

·
Registered
407 Posts
Maine has no magazine safety law. If so I am in deep....:eek:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im surprised that california doesnt have a pinned muzzle plug law.
They're working on it. You'll need a $200 stamp for it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
sparky80 said:
Maine has no magazine safety law. If so I am in deep....:eek:
my bad I figured Maine was as ridiculous as California I guess we win for most ridiculous laws. yeah us!!!!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
MrWray said:
Im surprised that california doesnt have a pinned muzzle plug law.
I believe I will write that law but it will not apply to firearms but polititians instead

·
Registered
407 Posts
my bad I figured Maine was as ridiculous as California I guess we win for most ridiculous laws. yeah us!!!!!
No we have it good here and our Governor is trying to make it even better. We can own hi capacity mags, suppressors, SBR's and full autos. We also have C.C,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts