Remington 1100 Tactical Disassembly

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by ewags16, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ewags16

ewags16 New Member

I have this Remington 1100 tactical with a pistol grip and I am trying to figure out how to take it apart to clean it. Someone that knows how to do it please help me out!! Its getting grimier and grimier as we speak and there aren't any vids on youtube of the disassembly for the tactical version.

THANK YOU

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It should be pretty similar. Got pics?

3. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5XvGsBwYVc[/ame]

4. ewags16

ewags16 New Member

The first step of unscrewing the cap was different so I didnt know how to get started

Attached Files:

5. ewags16

ewags16 New Member

^^ USEBOTHHANDS that video isnt for the tactical verson so the first part of unscrewing the cap threw me off... what is the first step of disassembling mine (seen above)

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I assume you have it now. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Nice boom stick btw.

7. ewags16

ewags16 New Member

haha thanks, but what's the first step? the video doesnt show me what to unscrew because I have the shorter barrel

8. ewags16

ewags16 New Member

actually i think i figured it out, I just have to take off that metal piece that attaches the top and bottom correct?

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The barrel band and likely the end cap.

10. ewags16

ewags16 New Member

awesome thanks man

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

From there it should be the same as the video.

12. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

the magazine tube/barrel band has to come off first, or loosened enough so that the barrel will slide out of the receiver and off the end of the magazine tube. after you get that outta the way, then you can slide off the forearm.

BE CAREFUL IF YOU TRY AND CLEAN THE INSIDE OF THE MAGAZINE TUBE. TAKIN THE METAL KEEPER RING CAP (UNDERNEATH THE MAG CAP) OUT OF THE END OF THE MAG TUBE COULD SEND THE SPRING FLYIN! :eek: