Remington 1100 Tac2 Opinions

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by CludgieVortex, Aug 7, 2013.

1. CludgieVortex

CludgieVortex New Member

Looking for folks who have 1st hand experience with the Remmy 1100 Tac2.

After waaay too much time spent researching auto loading shotguns, I'm down to either the Benelli M2 or this Remmy.

Input please!

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I have shot one, and it's simply an 1100 with different features. That is not a bad thing to me, as I am a 50 year 1100 fan. I have owned 12 of them, and carried one from here to Canada, and I won't own an unreliable gun. An 1100 won't run as long between cleanings as some of the newer gas systems, but several hundred rounds is no problem, and then you do not need anything but a quick spray and wipe of the gas system parts; 5 minutes tops. The Benelli has lots of proponents too, and they work fine, I just don't like inertia actions. The Benelli is very reliable with the right loads, and it has to be backed up to function properly. These two seem to be the most popular platforms I have seen in 3 gun.
    For "home defense" or blasting cans and watermelons either is way more than up to the task.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I can't say it any better than Mr. Va, either of the two options should work well.
    Before it was cool to be tacticool, 40 years ago this Christmas I received an 1100 in 12 ga. Wish I still had it, alas a burglar felt he needed it more than I.

Fast forward to the present, I would spend my money on a Benelli, and have done so.

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Get the Benelli---just for the reason an 1100 is ment to be blued and have nice wood.