Remington 1100 Restoration

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by TINCANBANDIT, Dec 19, 2016.

1. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Member

Here is another gun I restored, the owner wanted it reblued and made pretty again, not back to original, but looking good without the rust.

The shotgun had been in the family for three generations and the current owners brother put a recoil pad on it in bubba fashion, so I fixed that, polish and reblued the steel, nitre blued the pins and charging handle and refinished the stock to match.

Before and after pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

links to the blog posts

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2016/12/remington-1100-restoration-part-1.html

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2016/12/remington-1100-restoration-part-2.html

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2016/12/remington-1100-restoration-part-3.html

2. Minorcan

Minorcan Member

Very nice bluing job. Thanks for posting the links to your Blog. Very informative.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016

3. RCHanlin

RCHanlin New Member

Nice work TinCan...!

4. AZdave

AZdave Active Member

Yes Very good job Mr. Tin Can!

5. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

Nice job! 1100s are surely worth the effort.

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Bandit

Very nice job!
    They look great!

7. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Beautiful work!

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.

8. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

LOL, I'm picking up a beater 1100 today.
    Had a scope mount on it and rubbed some bluing off.
    Has minor pits here and there.
    Slip on recoil pad held moisture and swelled the stock by the buttplate a bit.
    Missing locking bolt pin (already fixed that- knew something might be amiss with the new extractor showing). Made some trigger pins (temp) since the scope mount being present meant the orig pins long gone.

Have some Gunkote left. Did a much worse 1100 (bead blasted) a couple yrs ago. Came out great (wish I'd have kept that one- a DU "Atlantic")..........liked the logo.

But my other 1100 was a SP mag, still have. No cycle steel dove loads.........so needed a "reg" 1100.

Do NOT want to refinish another dang stock. Am sick of wood work. Plus I don't have any Outers "Gunslick" stock finish left (good stuff).

Hit the shower (just woke up) and go pick up the 1100. Then come home and tear it apart, and finish 10/22 hammer stoning.

That one needs stock redone too (1967).

FWIW I'll have under $300 in the 1100 when all done. Not a great deal, bt IMHO certainly tolerable.

9. 1911NUT

1911NUT Member

I love the finish on the stock. That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

10. steelfingers

steelfingers New Member Supporter

That's great. Well done.

11. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Member

thanks for the comments, I know it may seem like I am "fishing" for comments, because I am.:D
    It helps keep me motivated as well as to inspire others.

I have many more projects on my bench, I'll post them here as they progress.