Remembering 9-11

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by chefsimms, Sep 10, 2011.

1. chefsimms

chefsimms New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFkZiwMLZ4&feature=player_embedded]Hero performed by Michael Israel in New York - YouTube[/ame]

2. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I remember this. I got it by email a long time ago. Prett amazing.

After 9/11 when the President signed the executive order to lower flags to half staff we complied at our fire station. We wanted to do something special for the day when the flags were to be raised again to their full glory, so we organized a program around the flag pole at our fire station. We had a state senator, county commisioner, and district judge each speak for a short time as well as some commentary by me when the speakers were introduced. The timing worked out really well so that as sunset approached and the flag (which was lit so it could fly at night) could be raised we hoisted the United States flag and sang the rousing hymn "A Might Fortress is Our God" led by the high school choir. I served as the M.C. for this event and it was very hard to contain tears thinking of the lives lost and the lives changed because of the terrible attack.

3. fmj

fmj Active Member

I painted this little mural on my garage door 9/12/01.
    [​IMG]

unfortunately it has since been taken down and scraped thanks to one of our local "Finest" or "boy in blew" deciding to back into the corner of my garage at high speed during a pursuit and buckling the door in May. :mad:

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

From Budweiser. Word is, this was run, and WILL be run. only once, so that Anheiser-Busch is not deriving a profit from the tribute.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZIxFd5I280&feature=player_detailpage]Budweiser 9/11 tribute commercial - YouTube[/ame]

5. chefsimms

chefsimms New Member

✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ If You're Proud To Be An American Wave
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ This Flag In Honor Of The Fallen Men
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who are serving & fighting now
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ FOR OUR LOVED ONES WHO TRAGICALLY HAD THEIR LIVES RIPPED FROM OURS ON 9/11...YOU ARE IN OUR HEARTS AND IN OUR MINDS AND WILL NEVER....NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!! REST IN PEACE! ♥ ♥ ♥