Rem 700 trigger help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by brent19, Oct 1, 2010.

1. brent19

brent19 New Member

I was adjusting the trigger on my 700 and i screwed the overtravel screw all the way out and now i can't get the screw to go back in very far. I had a gunsmith look at it and he said i didn't need that screw in there anyway. Any truth to this? I hate not having a screw in there. My thinking is that when i screwed it all the way out a spring come down not letting the overtravel screw go back in very far. Any help appreciated!

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Take it back to the gunsmith and let him fix it?

3. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

Just leave it out. It's worthless anyway. No problem if it's gone.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Your in richmond take it over to Green Top and have them look at it.

If there is a screw there then it needs to be there.

It may just be cheaper to get an aftermarket trigger from Timney or Rifle Basix.

5. brent19

brent19 New Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the reply's guys. Sorry i live in Richmond,Ky. Thanks though!

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Brent

There is a Remington Service Center in Louisville KY call Firearms Service Center. Type in Remington Service Center in Louisville KY and it will come up.They do some "Fine Trigger Work" there also. I had them do my new 700CDL Trigger there a year ago of many they have worked on for me. I do not know how far from there you are but that would solve any issues you have. I had a 40X Sniper Rifle also finished by them from the original stainless to a black coated barrel.