Reloading Win Supreme

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Tank, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Tank

Tank New Member

I've been away from reloading for sometime now, just getting back so I get to ask dumb questions. Winchester Supreme Balistic Silvertip (da silver bullets) can the brass be reused in a reload? 25-06 cal.

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Tank, are those cases nickel plated? I have reloaded nickel plated cases without a problem for .40 S&W. I have some Win Supreme brass in 7mm-08, although, I can't remember if I have ever reloaded any. I suggest that you measure the brass prior to sizing and then remeasure after sizing. This may give you some indication on how soft the brass is. I believe that Winchester uses only premium components and have always trusted that manufacture. H.J.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes even nickle plated brass :)eek: :yuk: ) can be reloaded. You will not get as many reloads out of them because the nickle will start to flake off. but for a once time use deer rifle they will last for 4 or 5 years.

4. Tank

Tank New Member

Yes they are nickel plated. I spoke with some local reloaders and they said I should avoid them. So I ordered new brass and will move forward with them, thanks for taking the time to assist!!

5. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Tank:

I also started re-loading after a long hiatus. I had accumulated 200 rounds of the Wincherster Ni plated Supreme brass from my .30-06. I stuck the case in the re-sizing die on my first attempt. This may have been due to the use of the new "spray on" case lube that I had used in lieu of the old thick lube that I used to use 15 years ago. In any case I shxt-canned the rest of the Ni plated cases, bought 200 new regular brass cases (Remington) and a stuck case removing tool from RCBS.

TXnorton