Reloading Party

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by jpattersonnh, Dec 27, 2013.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Went up to a buddies. We don't see each other often enough as our schedules don't really match.
    We had a little reloading party today. It was more about BS'ing and having a few Sam Adams, but we both loaded 150 rounds. Me 100 rounds of .44-40 and 50 9x19, Jeff 150 .45lc.
    It ended up a cast lead day. Since I use Unique for .44-40, I decided to give it a go in 9x19. Could have done both in w231, but Jeff went 1st and was using Unique, so I added to the measure and kept going.
    With the Redding dies I have for .44-40, it takes longer then a 2 die set, but is well worth it.

2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

I do my reloading when I am alone and without distractions.
    Shooting with friends and cleaning guns with friends..... and cold beers after!

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I would not call a 12 pack between 2 older gentleman that are good friends a distraction over 6 hours. If we had been in a strip club, sure that may distract me a bit. ;)
    Visiting, conversing, and enjoying the day was the order of the day. Reloading was secondary. Not that anything changed in our personal procedures. I had 1 beer, loaded 100 .44-40. Had another beer, loaded 50 9x19. We are quite reckless. This is a close friend who's wife passed a couple years ago. He got remarried a bit back and I have not spent much time with him in the last 18 months. Next time I'll bring some Bourbon and sleep on the couch! I take it you have no kids or dogs!

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

J.P.,Sounds like you had a very good/fun time with your ole friend.
    Not a damn thing wrong with enjoying time between ole friends,knocking back a couple brews,and having fun loading shells!