Reloading Literature

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by FCross7, Jul 29, 2009.

1. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Haven't done any reloading but am planning on getting into it later this year. Just ordered Lyman's Reloading Manual and ABC's of Reloading from Amazon. Any other books that would be of some help?

-Fred

2. trautert

trautert New Member

Hornady, Lee, Nosler and Sierra all have excellent books. Check the websites of the powder manufacturers, too. You can't have too many books.
    Tom

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Those two are an excellent start. The Cast Bullet Handbook is a nice addition to your growing book collection

4. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Thanks guys, I'll look into those as well.

-Fred

5. fprefect

fprefect New Member

The Accurate Rifle

Should the accuracy bug really get it's teeth into you and you're ultimate goal becomes putting 10 rounds through one slightly egg shaped hole, I think you'll find the "Accurate Rifle" by Warren Page to be some very entertaining as well as extremely useful reading.

Not too technical that the new shooter will be overwhelmed, but technical enough that almost all shooters should find beneficial.

F. Prefect

6. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Good start.

Great start FCross7 on your books. I like several on FTF am almost into my fourth decade of hand loading, and have many manuals-old+new. In the last few years I have not bought new handbooks. I do use powder Co. web sites for the latest up-to-date specs. You did not state how many cals. that you will be loading, but for me lately, I have bought the "One Book/One Caliber manuals, for the individual loads. They are available on line (even e-bay) for $6.00-$8.00. If you are ONLY looking for the specs., they have the MOST info., for THAT particular cal. I have bought the One Book/One Caliber in: 9MM,.357Mag,.45acp.,+6MM Remington. Your Lyman Manual and ABC's of reloading will cover most, if not all, of the theory, and tips on hand loading, and to buy from each bullet mfg. and powder mfg. would be, IMO, just duplication. The MOST IMPORTANT thing for you to read, remember, and practice, in the hand loading hobby is SAFETY!! Observe all the safety prompts in the two handbooks that you have ordered and make those habits, and second nature, in all your loading processes. Safety will NEVER let you down==carelessness WILL.

7. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Thanks prefect, I'll give that one a look.

For the time being I'm looking into hand-loading .223 and .308 and when I get a pistol I'll probably do whatever caliber it is as well. But it's gonna be probably at least 6 months before I start buying any of the equipment. For the time being I just wanna get all the basics and the theory down, then I'll start ordering some of the caliber specific books. I am however probably going to start collecting my brass when I go to the range, that way I'll have plenty of fire formed brass when I do start. Thanks for the info guys.

-Fred

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

For accurate load specs check out the "MDSmith" website. He's been posting online load data for decades.