Reloading for the Nagant Revolver

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by texaswoodworker, Apr 27, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I decided that I'm going to go ahead and buy the stuff I need to reload for the Nagant. I have the brass and bullets already picked out, and already know what primers I need, but I don't know what powder to use. Any suggestions?
    Also, doe anyone else reload for it, or know of any reloading data that I could use?

Thanks

2. JWagner

JWagner New Member

I was sure that I had some data for this in a manual, but my memory is playing tricks on me. So, a google search turned up this article. Hope that it helps you some.

http://www.realguns.com/archives/130.htm

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Thanks for the info. THENAGANTMAN on youtube also created a reloading manual on the 7.62 Nagant so I'll check that out too.

I went ahead and picked my powder. I went with IMR Trail Boss. That stuff is expensive. Basically $20 for 9 oz at Cabelas, but from what I have read, it is the best powder for the Nagant since it is a really bulky powder and there is a lot of empty space in a Nagant casing. I also heard that it will last a long time.

I decided that I will go with CCI #500 small pistol primers too.

It won't be long until I start reloading. :D