Reloading Bench Photos

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Olympus, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

That is a convection oven, it’s used strictly for drying wet brass.;) Seriously.:cool:
    I’m not casting or powder coating.... YET

oO_Rogue_Oo likes this.
  2. hotshot357

hotshot357 New Member

I started reloading around 2016. I have been buying a little at a time. At this time I reload 45ACP, .357Mag., & .30-30 Winchester. IMG_20190924_144717435.jpg

Rifling82, Gatoragn and OLD Ron like this.

3. Notrighty

Notrighty Member

All I need but maybe the semi shag carpet wasn’t the best idea.

Attached Files:

hotshot357 likes this.
  4. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

That is a easy fix ...... buy a sheet or 2 of Masonite & lay it down so the chair will roll easier & not mess up the carpet . I learned that the hard way with wood floor .
    A new sheet is cheaper & easier to replace than the whole floor is .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

A chair mat is simpler.

6. OLD Ron

I found the chair mats are to small & expensive . ( save money where you can to buy new toys )

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. Notrighty

Notrighty Member

Chair rolls fine on the carpet. Problem is spill a little powder or drop a primer and it’s gone. When working on my sp 101 trigger I dropped one of those springs and it took an hour to find.

8. OLD Ron

I keep things so long they wear out & under my chairs take a beating . For the dropped things I have a nail pick up magnet on wheels to try to find them . I can usually launch parts every time I work on guns . Same thing happens when I work on vehicles . I must be a clutz .:p

hotshot357 and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

How much does the "coating" add to the bullet diameter? In other words, how thick is the powder coating?
    Never tried that. I used to use linotype metal with a very high, 11%, antimony content along with Alox lubricant, sized exactly to groove diameter. .357 Magnum lead bullets were especially bad leaders until I started adding Hornady 'crimp-on' gas checks to the bullet bases.

10. Notrighty

Notrighty Member

When I slid a magnet across the floor I found 5 unknown small metal parts before I found the one I was lookin for. Makes me wonder what they came from?

OLD Ron likes this.
  11. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Finally did something with that pile of lumber. Just storage for now but I might move my single stage over to it if I ever get a progressive

12. OLD Ron

Now there is a storage area ! That is so neat & organized ...... I hate you !
    I have a pile of new lumber & all I make is sawdust . Where did you find those metal corners to put on ? Nice job there .

13. oO_Rogue_Oo

Done properly the coating is very thin and typically the bullets are sized after coating. it allows for softer, better expanding lead alloy without leading of the barrel. And coating gas-check bullets is common as well. In the end it is just another form of lubeand even allows for using bullets that don't have lube groves

14. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks like you did a bit MORE than just something! Excellent build and so dang orderly, I now want to go clean up my reloading area. Good job.

austin92 and Rifling82 like this.
  15. oO_Rogue_Oo

That is a nice looking bench but he's not showing us the messy side of the room LOL
    Nicely done bench though :)

16. austin92

Thanks for the kind words guys. The corner brackets came from Lowe’s, they’re about 7$ a piece. When I get home I’ll get a pic of the “messy” side as everyone is calling it lol. I’m a little ocd....

17. austin92

[​IMG]

I’m going to go ahead and answer a question I’m anticipating from this pic. Yes that revolver was blown up by a reload, no it wasn’t my gun or reloaded ammunition I made. I was 5’ from it when it blew up and is hanging there as a reminder to pay attention to wtf I’m doing. This pic is halfway through a batch of 40s&w so it’s a little messy lol

If anyone has noticed the cut down 2 liter bottles, it’s for my tumbler. Say it’s rated for 400 9mm’s, count them out, drop them in a 2 liter bottle, draw a line where the top of the casings are and cut it. Perfect volume in your tumbler without counting every time.

hotshot357, oO_Rogue_Oo and OLD Ron like this.
  18. OLD Ron

Nice set up there ...... organized ..... well lit ..... clean .
    Really feeling like I am the only guy that isn't OCD ! :p

19. OLD Ron

After seeing a few of the guys shop I thought I better toss mine in so people can appreciate how nice your shops are compared to mine ....... mine is still a work in progress .:p
    10 3 19.JPG

hotshot357 likes this.
  20. austin92

On the lighting, everything is hyper tough from Wally World. The one at the back of the top shelf pointing up actually makes a world of difference. The white ceiling can only help.

OLD Ron likes this.