Reloading Bench Photos

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Olympus, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's what I used for my top, it's working out pretty good

Caveman Jim likes this.
  2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

How long will it take you to outgrow it ?
    I usually can soon as the paint is dry .

Caveman Jim likes this.

3. targa

targa Active Member

598D4CD4-449C-4173-BBDB-AB1F9CE6A512.jpeg It’s rare that it’s ever this clean but here is mine...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    OLD Ron, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks, it’s going to be a great work platform for many years to come, I hope.

I’m going to concentrate on replenishing my ammo stockpiles with one or two rifle and pistol builds when my shoulder gives out and needs a rest.

Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  5. OLD Ron

Winter here is the time I am in the bench room the most . Doing rescue guns has really pushed my reloading to the back . ( with thousands of rounds loaded ..... not a big rush to load ) My plan is to get the rescue guns done ..... then do 3 builds . By then I probably will be to old to shoot . :p

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  6. Caveman Jim

LOL. I haven't reloaded since October & my practice ammo for the XDM's is depleted, had to shoot factory JHP's the other day!!!:eek::eek::eek:

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Well boys and girls, it’s time for me to start posting in the ammo/reloading section since the room has turned out it’s first loads for the .40S&W!!! upload_2019-8-27_18-41-53.gif

I still need to get the 2 upper cabinets installed but I couldn’t wait cuz I’m out of XDM40 food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had been wanting to get away from the rink-dink scale support so I built a scale condo with a garage....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Don’t laugh!!![​IMG] upload_2019-8-27_18-41-53.gif upload_2019-8-27_18-41-53.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OLD Ron, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  8. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

What, no overhead door or remote?
    Just kidding. I am a big advocate for utilizing space anyway you can.
    I am getting a large heavy duty shelving unit /cabinet gifted to me this week that I want to use as a reloading center.
    Just haven't figured out how to set it up yet.
    It has to be in my garage and I have to be able to put everything away to keep it clean. I just don't have the room to leave it set up.

9. Caveman Jim

My first place to reload was in my woodworking shop on my outfeed table... I would cover all my stuff with a few bed sheets so the sawdust (man glitter) didn’t get on it all...:p

10. OLD Ron

Off to the races there Jim !
    Take lots of pictures of the set up ..... it is only clean & organized that well once ...... or maybe that's just in my world .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. Caveman Jim

Well Ron, I’ll kind of deal with it like my woodworking shop. When it gets too dirty, messy, cluttered & I can’t find what I’m lookin for that’s when I clean it up.:D:D:D

OLD Ron likes this.
  12. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I’m to the point where I need another bench. My tumbler, strainer, and media has been moved to the floor, there’s powders on the shelf I can’t see, and a lot of real-estate taken up by shell holders and Plano boxes full of halfway and completed reloads. Need a better way to organize brass too. Bought a bunch of lumber, haven’t got any farther lol

OLD Ron likes this.
  13. Caveman Jim

For the volume of brass that goes through the shop I decided to get a dedicated unit to handle it all. I sort till Tupperware containers are full then put brass in gallon size bags and into the totes till I either want to use them or they get sold....

580A5817-5C0F-4B8D-87EA-5A88FA72534D.jpeg

1E4001C9-0C99-4F90-A19A-15C8E2A258F0.jpeg

14. OLD Ron

I started with a empty bed room ...... then added bench ..... then 3 shelf units ...... a juke box ......stereo .... drafting table ......rolling tool chest ......gun cabinet ......filing cabinet ....2 office chairs . Every space is full . The brass & supply s & casting equipment are stored else where . I need a bigger house !

Caveman Jim likes this.
  15. Missouribound

Jim....about the toaster oven.
    Is that for nourishment or are you using it somehow in your reloading process?
    Stranger things have happened.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  16. OLD Ron

I have a oven in my room too . Mine is for PC bullets . I take it to the car port so the fumes don't stink up my room .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  17. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Powder coating bullets maybe

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. Missouribound

And I have to ask....what would be the reason or purpose to powder coat bullets?
    Other than making them look nice.

19. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Cast lead bullets have a tendency of lead fouling a barrel. One of the ways to combat this is by powder coating the bullet. The powder coat acts as a lubricant between the bullet and barrel to help prevent leading. An alternative method would be a wax based lube. You can also use a Alox based lube. But in recent years powder coating has proven to be a very effective method.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  20. Missouribound