Reloading Bench Photos

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Olympus, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Something like this?

2CFA9F3A-9552-4483-B781-D65E7EDE827F.jpeg 998ADC57-D0BC-4E00-A4AA-2E7B471B9B61.jpeg

Still have a ways to go to finish up the bench top (what you see is a temp bench top to get a few jobs done)...

OLD Ron likes this.
  2. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Very nice. But I think I may have to either give up some of my garage workbench or put the reloading center on wheels. I do have heat in the garage so that isn't an issue. And summer just doesn't afford the time to do the process. I've been tossing this around for a couple of years now....still haven't found the right answer.
    But what you have done is great.

Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.

3. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Years ago I started a reloading room ..... 10' x 12' . A bench & supply s . Nice easy to clean good lighting . Then it started to change ..... Add to the room ..... 20 rescue guns ...... rolling tool box ..... 10 tubs of gun parts ...... Juke box ...... drafting table ...... 50 ammo cans ...... gun stocks , barrels , actions , small parts , wood blanks , & so on .
    Instead of a reloading room it now is a full room . Time can be very unkind to a simple reloading room .

4. Caveman Jim

Ron, I’m hoping I have the time TO Accumulate in mine. This is probably the last big project I’ll ever do since it took a lot out of me to get this far.:D

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. Caveman Jim

The right answer will come, prolly wake you up from a sound sleep like mine did. I got up at 3:45 am,:eek: started a pot of coffee then wandered out to the drafting table in the shop...:D

6. OLD Ron

It happens faster than you would think Jim . I never dreamed I could get this much stuff . Getting it was the easy part ..... finding places to store it & space to use it ..... not to mention finding it again seems to be the problem around here .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. Caveman Jim

I do my share of buying & reselling and understand wholeheartedly of what your saying.
    I am undergoing intervention this summer to clean out the shop.:D:D:D

8. OLD Ron

lol Jim I have been trying intervention for years & it only seems to get worse .
    I keep trying but go with the flow !

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. Caveman Jim

I need to get the space back for the car maintenance in winter.... lol

10. OLD Ron

The only space I have is a place that I can't put something .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. Caveman Jim

Ain’t that the truth, I had to come up with some really good ideas to fit all the stuff I got for “The Room”...:p

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. Caveman Jim

Well I was able to acquire a craft type desk with an upper cabinet for my case cleaning area. It was gifted to me so all I spent was a few gallons of diesel fuel and did I mention that it is HEAVY????
    My Thumlers now have a dedicated space where I can make a mess and not have to worry about it getting in my gunsmith and cleaning tools.
    The table in front of the desk is my out feed for the Unisaw which will be moved when I have help this weekend.
    I actually have room for other stuff in the future!!!:D

211B494D-8C09-48A8-AC0C-0BB45190A8BD.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Rifling82, OLD Ron and oO_Rogue_Oo like this.
  13. OLD Ron

Nice set up there Jim !
    I would have to go to jail to find that much empty wall space .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. Caveman Jim

Ron, this project has been like a puzzle, all spaces were filled after I acquired the materials. It was a juggling act to move this for that and so on.
    A friend said “at least you left an isle through your shop the whole time”. I reminded him that I cannot climb or there wouldn’t have been any isles....:p:p:p

I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel though.:D

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  15. OLD Ron

I know exactly what you mean Jim . On a good day I get a isle . Where I get in the worst mess is when I get rows of things 2 & 3 deep . My brother gets on me about it & stacked 12' tall all the time .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  16. Caveman Jim

Yeah like it might tip over on ya when your alone.... My wife’s worry....:rolleyes:

In all seriousness I think things through pretty thoroughly before redoing it a third time.:p

OLD Ron likes this.
  17. Caveman Jim

One step closer to completion. My son came home to help me out on this long drawn out project.
    We got the cabinets squared up, cut a 4x8 sheet of melamine and glued it on top of a 1’ 1/2 thick substrate partial board. It’s been clamped for 24 hours but not going to take them off until tomorrow. We used my bulk brass for ballast on the middle and back of the slab.

This morning we got busy early and installed the door, had a great brunch a nap then went to the pit had a great time showing his friend the finer things in life, firearms. She loved it!!!

9B3B970D-936A-4B89-AE99-7CF8B0E55FEC.jpeg

targa, oO_Rogue_Oo and OLD Ron like this.
  18. OLD Ron

Looks great Jim !
    I never thought to store my clamps that way ..... won't they get in the way of working on the bench ? lol
    It is a shock to see how long it takes to do simple things in your mind . I have that all the time with my to do list . Letting things dry really bugs me ..... when I do stocks & have them hanging to dry I don't want to stir up dust so have to go outside & mess things up .

SGWGunsmith and Caveman Jim like this.
  19. OLD Ron

I do have things fall over ...... so far I just hear the crash . Usually I blame the dog . ( I don't own a dog )

Caveman Jim likes this.
  20. Caveman Jim

The wife had the boy all snookered, it seems the vision he had was horrendous :eek: with large ammo crates stacked haphazardly by a new forklift driver. :eek::eek::eek:
    Twas not the case he found this time....:D

OLD Ron likes this.