Reloading Apps

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by zaitsev44, Nov 25, 2013.

1. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I was looking around the App Store the other day and I ran across some reloading apps. I downloaded a few. The two best being from RCBS and Winchester. The one from RCBS is a reloading calculator, you put in all your components and the amount and price, how much powder you're using per round, and how many times you're wanting to reuse you brass. Then it gives you the price per round with quantity. You also have a option for shotshell. The Winchester app is very cool. You can go through different ammo categories and then you can pick your caliber, bullet weight, round type (FMJ, SP, HP, ect) up to 3 calibers, then conditions like wind, temperature, distance, ect. Then you hit "shoot" and it gives you bullet drop, drift, ect. Both apps are free and I highly recommend them for any shooter and reloader.

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Awesome. What are their names? iOS or android?

3. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I have them on iOS, I'm not sure if android has them. RCBS reloading calculator (I put reloading in the search bar), and Winchester Ballistics (it also was in the reloading search). Like I said they're both free and well worth it.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Thanks for the tip. Ill check them out when I can.

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

My bad, I searched "reloading" for the RCBS app, and Winchester for the Ballistics Calculator.

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

I downloaded them today for android. That are both free initially but the Winchester Ballistics one requires you purchase individual calibers (add ons) unless you want to just our in your own data.

7. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

I use Strelok app (android). It doesnt calculate cost, but I really dont care what my cost per round is, its the quality that I handload for. It is a pretty good ballistic calculator though, and has quite afew recticles available to show bullet impact. The free version doesnt have as many recticles available but still saves your data. And its pretty accurate, as long as you input your correct data (BC, weight, velocity, temp, elevation, pressure, wind, etc.).