Reloading 45ACP for Semi-Auto Tommy gun

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by rgbaker77, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

I want to start reloading for my semi-auto Tommy and am trying to see if anyone here does this. I was told when I bought the rifle that only certain ammo should be used. ie, 230gr round nose, no "hot" loads. Dealer first ordered me Magtec ammo then ordered PMC Bronze cuz the Magtecs were too hot and not recommended. Anyhow, I would like to reload my own and just looking for a little tribal knoledge for the rifle.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

Yeah c3, thats what I understand as well. Thanks for the link, that will get me started. Tiral and error. Thats the fun with reloading!

4. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

I don't know why your dealer said the MagTec's were to hot. Just about all .45 ACP's should work. My son has a Full auto 1928 thompson, he has shot Walmart White box, Magtec and just about any other 230gr ammo with no problems. I'm not saying you can't find or reload a Too Hot Load, but the Thompson is very stout weapon. It has a Milled receiver (Not stamped steel). It could probably handle any kind of load.

5. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have run a bunch of mild loads with a 225 gr RNL with great success through a 1921/28 overstamp navy model