Regulate and Tax.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by TNFrank, Dec 25, 2012.

1. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

In the same manner in which the government got full auto(i.e. REAL Assault weapons) off of the streets with the '34 NFA might they try a similar approach with semi-auto long guns? Seems like it'd be easy enough to simply add them to the list of NFA weapons and force everyone who owns one to register it and pay a tax(maybe $200 instead of the $300 for a full auto)summit to a lengthy background check and turn in a finger print card. This way they can skip around the Constitution the same way the did with full autos and they technically won't be banned, just heavily regulated to the point where the average citizen won't bother trying to buy one anymore.
    Just throwin' this out there for eveyone to chew on a bit so they'll be ready in case this is the road the government takes instead of the outright ban that many think may go into effect.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Where did you get the $300 figure? Dude, the NFA tax is $200, always has been.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A question just came to mind... In 1934 when the NFA was enacted, such weapons had to be "registered". The tax is for the transfer of such a weapon. Owners of such weapons should not have been forced to pay the tax, only register, correct? I was born a few years later so was not around to see this all go down.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sure- while they're at it they shud raise the price of ammo to say $50 a bullet = That shud regualate the crap out of the "average citizen" from buying ammo :confused:

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

The original purpose of the nfa was for all guns to be on it. Democrats had mostly the control of government and they didnt want blacks owning guns. The republicans got it waterd down enough to only be full auto and certain other firearms.

Gun control has always been about racism.

6. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

Not sure why but I was under the impression that it was $300 for a full auto and $200 for a suppressor. Guess I stand corrected. :cool:
    I just think instead of an all out frontal assault on our gun Rights with an all out ban, Obama might try some sneaky back door stuff like putting semi-auto "assault weapons" on the NFA list.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  7. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Since most of these mass shootings were done by white males, I guess they should only do it to whites. Because blacks are law abiding citizens.
    :::rolleyes:::