Regrowing muscle, in a new way.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kfox75, May 2, 2014.

1. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds promising . Hope this is the answer , could help many people , vets , etc. . So many let downs in the past and takes many years for problems to show up sometimes . Time will tell .

3. nosaj

nosaj New Member

It sounds like the amout of success will rely a great deal on the patient.
    From what i understand from reading another article, therapy (hard work) may recruit the person's stem cells to the area and promote new muscle growth...however if the area/muscle is not worked a great deal, scar tissue will fill in and replace whatever is there

4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

That it does. While I was healing up from the first surgery on my left foot (They had to cut out a section of muscle about 2 inches across, by 5 inches long, clean down to the bone.), Part of my PT was to walk the halls of the hospital wing I was in. This was in addition to some foot movements that I had to do every hour while in bed hooked up to wound vac. The hospital I was in (Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo NY) has a Subway and a C store in the lobby, so my walks would take me down to the lobby by the end of my first week there.

I did wind up with heavy scarring, even with the amount of therapy I was doing, both mandatory and ordered. I also heal at almost twice what doctors call a normal rate. With as deep as the surgery was into my foot, most of the muscle they removed had grown back within the first four months. My skin was completely covering the area within 6 months as well.

I just have to wonder how much faster I would have healed had the treatment in the article been available back in 2005.