Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 31 year old Springfield 45 that I would like refinished. At least the slide. Nickel preferred, but standard blue would be fine. Any suggestions where to get this procedure done would be appreciated.

Thanks is advance.

Tony

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would start at discussing your desires with gun smiths in your area. Check out going to all of the local gun shops in your area to find who they may be.
Unfortunately the closest smith to me is 60 miles away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would start at discussing your desires with gun smiths in your area. Check out going to all of the local gun shops in your area to find who they may be.
Unfortunately the closest smith to me is 60 miles away.
Thanks, X-Raycer. My area is also very short on gunsmiths. That is why I need to check areas that are not local. But, I will continue the hunt.

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
Old Ron

Another goof thing you can do with an older gun that is easy to do is Parkerizing. It is easy to do and can actually be done on a stove at around 165 degrees as I recall. I ordered the kit from Brownell's.
I know that is not what you want to do but just wanted to mention it. I did one years ago, and it looked good. And a long time ago I bought a new Browning HI Power that was packetized at the factory it was to me a fantastic looking pistol. And I had never seen one before. Unfortunately, I traded it in at my friend's gun shop where I bought it for my Boys Gretch Supra Electric Guitar for his graduation present from High School. Most here knows how it is when raising a family and not having a lot of extra money. You have to do what you have to do! And that is OK!: Love my Kifds as we all do!
But anyway, good luck on your project! I can't wait to see the finished product when you get it completed. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts