Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Even light Loads in a .45 are going to be a lot louder than a 22 subsonic. I mean really a lot louder.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Titegroup is safe to reduce. While I have never reduced low enough to not operate the slide, even my lowest still needed hearing protection.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I use HP-38 too. Well I used to. I use Titegroup now. I use it for all my handgun loads except really heavy 44 mag stuff. Titegroup works better in low volume loads in large cases. It is king for 45 Colt. The nice thing about Titegroup is it is not position sensitive. Meaning it does not matter whether is is next to the primer or the bullet. You will see cowboy action shooters point their gun up in the air before they shoot to get the powder againt the primer. That doesnt matter with Titegroup. HP-38 is position sensitive. With HP-38 if you point the gun at the ground before one shot, then toward the sky before the next shot, there will be a noticable difference in velocity.
Not so with Titegroup.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
That is a good question. Afraid I do not have an answer for you. But I do know that this is why Titegroup was designed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts