redo ithaca m49 and m49r?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by xcoreyyyx, May 30, 2012.

1. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

I recently got an ithaca m49 and m49r for practically nothing. The m49r is in pretty rough shape including surface rust and from what I can tell pitting on the outside of the tube and barrel along with the trigger frame being worn down. Also, it has a very rough action to it like something is wrong in the trigger frame. I didn't know if it would be worth the time or money to redo it. Also, with the m49, I am looking for a good set of disassembling instructions for it. I have checked the ones on the ithaca site, but they are not good at all. As I was reading online it seems like they are a pain to disassemble but it needs a new ejector pin so its a must. All of the pictures are of the m49r except the last 4 which are of the m49 single shot.

Attached Files:

2. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

oh those poor babies!!! they definitely could use some TLC

3. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Yes, they could use a lot of tlc. I am sure I will get around to it. I just need some better disassembling instructions than what are on the ithaca site because those are horrible.

4. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

have you looked for a gun digest? best $10 i ever spent was on a pair of well worn ones at a garage sale. got one for cetnrefire rifles and one for rimfires.

5. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Gun digest as in the magazine? They are cool. I also get the nra magazine thats called "american rifleman"

6. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

it's a book that i was referring to.

http://www.amazon.com/Digest-Rimfire-Assembly-Disassembly-Firearms/dp/0896892948#_

they have them at Amazon but i think they are pricey when new. The book on the page i linked does list your ithaca. take a look and you may be able to find a used one somewhere else

Curlyjoe

7. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Ok thanks, I will check into it. I know I saw on a forum like 2 weeks ago a good set of disassembling instructions but I didn't bookmark it and it is forever lost now. :(

8. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Ithica 49

Check out the Rim Fire Forum and or the firearms forum i know it has been answered before

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  9. trekman

trekman New Member

Ithaca M49 & M49R rifle

I have an Ithaca M-49R .22 repeater which I just got. I wanted to go completely through the gun even though it looked in excellent condition.
    I looked everywhere and could not find any take down info on it. I saw a lot of good comments for the 49 and positive comments about the 49R but zero info about servicing. I even contacted Ithaca and a former gunsmith from Ithaca and I bought a CD of 2100 gun manuals but still came up empty. Being very mechanical and have had success with my other rifles so I decided to figure it out myself. I sat down and found the secret to take it all down. I then took pictures and wrote a take down procedure. So if you need the take down for the Ithaca M-49R or the M-49 contact me at tamason2@sbcglobal.net

10. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

instructions

Somewhere on my hard drive at home I have a scan of instructions for the single shot. It came from some publication in the 1970s