redemption ....sort of

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by GramatonCleric, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GramatonCleric

GramatonCleric New Member

So here is what I was able to do an hour ago. The first is at 50 yards with some walmart bulk 55gr. The next one is using the brand "Tula" and this is the outcome! Not happy:angry: wouldn't recommend, for this is at 50yds with the same point of aim as the first target!!!! The 3rd one is at 75 and last 100yds. I believe that with my optic currently, I'll start at 75 and get the 1st targets grouping and then work my way out to 100. I know what my malfunction is and I'm working to correct it. So at this point the gun out shoots me:eek: Noted.

Attached Files:

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm a gun novice but I don't think those look too terribly bad. Don't be so hard on yourself. Good excuse to get out there and start shooting a lot more.:D

3. GramatonCleric

thanks

From these I observe that I have a flinch apparently or that my grip is off. I'm resting the gun on a block more or less and taking aim. I noticed that I do better if I can see where the rounds hit and then adjust my aim accordingly as on the first target. But your right and excuse to shoot more!

4. spook

spook New Member

I saw the Tula ammo in my walmart yesterday. It is steel case Russian made and I wouldn't shoot it in any of my guns. I think you are doing all right with the other ammunition. Get a good front sand bag to shoot from if you want to see how much is the gun and how much you. And of course practice, practice, practice.

5. GramatonCleric

Noted and thanks a work in progress!