Red Jacket

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Glore, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Glore

Glore New Member

Just watched the "tazer shotgun" episode. After watching the owners daughter shoot the desert eagle I realize just how heavily edited and staged the show appears. My search for a good gun show continues. Anyone enjoy the gun shows on Sportsman Channel?

2. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

Welcome to bad american television.

If its about Guns, Cars, or Video Games, we usually do a terrible job at putting it on television.

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

The Red Jacket show has too much phony stuff in it. They also take on projects that have little value at all. Quad 60's? There are modern equivalents that are much better, no use except to a collector who has a big pile of money.

I enjoy Wednesday night viewing on the Outdoor Channel. The Best Defense, Shooting Gallery, American Rifleman, Gun Stories, Impossible Shots, all good shows. It is the only night of the week that I really like to watch tv.

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

The stone age.....

Iv'e been in gun shops before, seems all they do is hammer and grind.... No finess in their work, maybe they can beat the next punkin chunkin champion........:eek:;)

5. Glore

Glore New Member

LoL...true

6. orangello

orangello New Member

If you search, there are complaint threads about this show on every gun forum i visit. The episode about the tooth in the old revolver was allegedly a recreation of a story one of the crew had heard involving a dentist with borrowed old revolver.

7. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Yes, I have "tried" to watch & like Sons of Guns too. But I inevitably record a few episodes of it and get tired of it quickly. They are usually working or making something that is so outrageous that it holds little interest for me.
    I wish I could get the Outdoors Channel but my satellite provider does not carry it.

My favs are on the Sportsman Channel - like Guns & Ammo TV & American Handgunner.
    Those are very good shows to me.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I think the biggest thing to me is that will talks down to his employees all the time. I wont work for anyone that talks to me like that, especially on TV.he treats vince like a basterd step child.. " i hope that you didnt mistake this for a conversation" OR " if i wanted to have a conversation i would say,, lets stand here and have a conversation" all because to try to ask him a question. F that

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

they edited in her firing a 9mm and claimed it was a DE. my wife shoots a DE50AE a lot. if you can shoot a 44magnum revolver you can shoot a de 50

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

To me, Mail Call and Lock'N'Load are the most fun! :p Gotta love the Gunny!

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Got to agree with that one. Plus the only originality I see lately on that show is an improvement on something already originally built.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't remember the names of them, but MidwayUSA sponsors some shows that come on regularly and are very entertaining. One is called The Shooting Gallery, i bleve. They have another about the history of a particular firearm, usually military, about once per week. They have the "impossible shot" shorts as well that are entertaining.

As many shows as there are about jacking up your mudmobile or some other car-related stuff, there should be more Gunsmithing-type shows. I would like to see some dude scope a Mosin; they cost $100; a whole bunch of somebody must be buying them.

13. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

I personally like the show. I like to see what they are going to build next. Even if i cant own the weapon ever. Yeah sometimes to me Will is an a$$hat. I dont like how he talks to people that are new to shooting. There was a episode in season 1 where he practically kicked some potential customers out of the shop who where in the market for a new handgun. That kind of made me a little upset. Yeah Wills daughter is a bit of a control freak and has a i know everything additude. But other then that there is a good mind numbing quailty to it. No i wont watch if one of my other shows are on, but i like to tune in to tune out for a bit

14. topsho7

topsho7 New Member

Gunny all the way!!! If God wanted you over this obstacle he would've miracled your a@$ over it !!!

15. Glore

Glore New Member

I'm sure we could all throw our ideas out and after pooling them together have one entertaining, educational gun show. For the people, by the people....that love guns!

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The master key episode was a little far fetched to me. Its a good concept but just attaching a full size saiga shotgun "minus the stock" under an ar15 is not practical for building entry. I would not be the one carring that heavy bulky thing inside a building or residence.

17. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I dont find the show super exciting but i have watched quite a few episodes. I do find some episodes to be completely absurd such as the folding gun episode, that stupid aligator gun thing etc. I really think those episodes made me dumber for watching them

18. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

Yeah, especially since the guy could have just used a 45 LC / 410 revolver and been just as well off.

19. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I saw the one were the owner has to give the don't touch my daughter spiel. I turned it off. I have no interest in drama.

20. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I have to agree! Put the Gunny back on TV, but it could be worse. That new gun show American Guns (or something like that) looks horrible. I do like to watch Sons of Guns based on an entertainment aspect. I mean it is a whole lot better than some other options out there and every once in a great while you may pick up on something you didn't know. On Will being an A$$hole, he was a Marine what do you expect, that's what Marines do best! IMO.

That's my .04 cents. (inflation)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011