Red jacket kmp-di direct impengment rifle

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Brettad789, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brettad789

Brettad789 New Member

Recently i purchased one of the red jacket ar-15's and so far I love it. So far not a single malfunction with it. Ive always wanted an ar and this is my first. So what I'm wondering is what other people think of these and if anyone else has much experience with them. since I'm new to ar's I don't have a lot to compare to and I wanted some input from people who surely know more then I do. Thanks.

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I think you may be the only person here with an AR from Red-Jacket. Personally I think there are other manufacturers with better prices for the same setup.

3. Wildone72

Wildone72 New Member

I looked into some of those and must say it seems like a very nice rifle. I want one of the AR/AK rifles they build. I forgot what they call it.

4. Brettad789

Brettad789 New Member

Well I actually got a good deal on it so thats why I bought it. After tax and all I paid $1046 and I think they retail at $1200

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That's not bad then. If it runs good and you like it, that's really all that matters. How about some pics on it?

6. Brettad789

Brettad789 New Member

Here's a few pics.

Attached Files:

7. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

I think we need to see some pics!

8. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Nevermind beat me to it, looks good!

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

It looks pretty good, they have someone do a lower for them and buy the other parts then drop on some Magpul. I guess the real issue is what parts do they put in it.

Does it come with detailed specs, who made the barrel, BCG, trigger group/LPK, etc. And barrel specs/profile. Honestly at that price you have to compare it to a Colt or BCM. The link below has BCM's M4 specs:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M4-Carbine-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/141.htm

10. Brettad789

Brettad789 New Member

Honestly I'm not sure of who builds the parts they use I haven't seen that information anywhere. All i know os that the upper is a key hole And as far as comparing them to colt goes I've been told by someone that they are comparable in quality to the colt rifles. That's not me saying that, that's just what I've been told. I don't wanna make any of the die hard colt guys angry cause like I said I don't know enough myself to make that call.

11. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

It looks good but if all they are doing is slapping Magpul stuff on a prebuilt upper and lower then slapping them together does not make for the price. I like Redd Jacket and the custom work they do but yours is the only one I have seen other then on their website.

Cool rifle.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well the keyhole indicates Cerro Forge which of course is a good quality receiver that many other AR companies use. I would try to get some specs out of them, usually the quality AR builders are proud of their specs and glad to share like BCM does.

13. Brettad789

Brettad789 New Member

Ok so I've sent an email to red jacket about the rifle specs. I'll keep you guys updated about what they say.

14. clearsights

clearsights New Member

I've enjoyed mine as well. I don't get it out near as often as I'd like, but it's been great. Just to let you know that you're not the only one that has one. There is a gun store close to me has carried them for years. Very reputable from any of the folks I've talked to around here. As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters.

ForumRunner_20120820_215708.jpg

15. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Been awhile since I posted but this gets my attention: you have all these people that put the RJs down without ever holding one or seeing one in person. I have one and love it and it's better then the colts or bushmasters and the Windham Weapondry I have and shoots a lot better. I can shoot 1/2 groups at 100 yards with no problem with it. I was going to put a red dot on it but changed my mind after shooting it. The RJ seems to be a better fit and finish and the M16 bolt being heavy makes for a smoother operation then the others. It's well balanced and fast handling. I work for academy and sell these as fast as I can get them in and all feedback has been just as i said. If you get the chance grab one, you won't be disappointed. BTW mine is the KMP-DI
    http://i.imgur.com/HDYeK.jpg

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Who was putting them down? I just asked what parts do they put in their rifles. Since you're a reseller do you know? Please share if you know.

In this price range you can get Colt, BCM and Daniel Defense who are pretty good about sharing their technical specs. And at a lower price point you have PSA and Spikes who put out pretty darn good ARs and yes they do use M16 carriers.

If you're after sub-MOA accuracy RRA is your ticket in the sub $1200 range. So tell us, what does RJF put on the table other than their notariety? And are you paying for that notariety? I'm not putting you down just saying why go with RJF.