Red Dots That Stay ON

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by JTJ, Dec 14, 2017.

1. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The Romeo 5XDR arrived this afternoon. It looks pretty good. Perfect absolute co-witness and a spacer included for lower 1/3. Only loose cap is the battery and it is large enough for clumsy people to use and not lose. Now I need to get to the range. The rain that missed the PRK hit here. The PRK is catching it yet again.

MisterMcCool likes this.
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

12D421BA-F5C0-4026-A980-E218F3495E6D.jpeg Riser came today. :D
    The first generation KSG had some reliability issues that I have not experienced with the generation 3. I like this gun a lot.
    I think I would prefer a red dot but I just don’t want to worry with batteries and electronics on a home defense gun. This SeeAll sight is a good compromise.

JTJ likes this.

3. JTJ

Took the Romeo to the range today to get it sighted in. Only had time for about 50 rounds with the AR. It only took a few rounds to get on target at 50 yards 4th round was in the bull so I sent 6 more after it all nicely inside the 2" bull which isnt bad for a 2 MOA dot. Then I stood up and shot 30 off hand which I am not the best at. Was still able to keep most of them in the 8" black shooting as quickly as I could get on the black. I need to get some silhouettes. Then went back to the bull from a rest with no change in POI for the last 10 rounds.

MisterMcCool likes this.
  4. MisterMcCool

I took my shotgun to the range today to sight in the SeeAll. The riser caused the sight to be incredibly low for some reason (I expected high.) I went through a heap of slugs getting it right.
    It’s no red dot, but I don’t hate it.

5. JTJ

I keep thinking the Seeall would be a good sight on a get home or bug bag. Night capable, no batteries, rugged and light. Something you could leave in the bag and not worry about.

MisterMcCool likes this.
  6. MisterMcCool

Now that I’m good and drunk, I realize the sight was level but it was higher than the bore because of the riser.

7. MisterMcCool