Red dot sights

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by wiliardo123, Feb 28, 2012.

1. wiliardo123

wiliardo123 New Member

Looking for a red dot sight that will allow me to use the low profile standard rear sight without having the sight scope blocking my view to the front sights.

Any advice ????

2. weatherbymag257

weatherbymag257 New Member

A lucid hd7 is the best red dot around leaving compedaters like eotech in the dust

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

What rifle?

4. weatherbymag257

Jtj I'm really not trying to be a smart *** but I think he's talking about an AR when he said he still wants to b able to see the front sights and he is looking for a red dot. I had a red dot on a hunting rifle before but I had a horrible time seeing distances.

5. JTJ

No smart *** taken. You usually dont see AR sight questions in a hunting thread and he is talking about low profile irons so I am not jumping to conclusions. Low profile could mean a Mini or any rifle with a peep so I asked for clarification. AR would be a co-witness and a non existent problem. Mini could mean a scout rail and a see through base so I would still like to know what rifle. I never have been able to read minds.:D

6. wiliardo123

wiliardo123 New Member

The rifle is a sig 522 and I was asking about a red dot sight that has the "see through" feature from under the mounting base.

Anyways I ended by getting a braska 30 mm diameter and I got the advantage of using the sights for quick target acquisition and the iron sights when focusing on closer targets.

Thanks very much for everybody's input.

image-2059006880.jpg

7. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

8. JTJ

Red dot with 30 mm tube and see through 30mm scope rings. Millet makes a 30mm red dot. Tasco does too. The Vortex Strikefire and the Trijicon scopes have 30mm tubes. I would take a hard look at the Strikefire.

9. weatherbymag257

Ya. I'm thinking about putting my lucid on a different rifle and buying an ACOG so I have a traditional crosshair that I'm use to hunting with an having a little bit of magnification so I can see my target a little better

10. weatherbymag257

You really need a lucid and get the 45mm scope mount so you can see under it too. The reason I like lucid is you can change the sight look an the brightness is good for brought back grounds.

11. wiliardo123

wiliardo123 New Member

I'm sorry for posting the wrong question in the wrong thread im a rookie member but I wanna thank everyone participated it viewed the thread.

Useful things are useful.

12. RangerHAAF

RangerHAAF New Member

I'm partial to this company's scopes for low power optics. They're great for hunting but remember batteries fail and often when you need them the most.

http://www.millettsights.com/

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  13. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

the front sight will not be that noticable through the scope....just a blur.

14. JTJ

That is why I went with a Bushnell Trophy XLT 1-4X24 on my AR. 4a reticle with a 1moa center red dot. Scope part still works if the battery fails. 1-4X with a red dot when you want it.