Red Dot Sighting Issue

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by firedawg60, Mar 3, 2012.

1. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Noob question here. I have a BSA red dot on my AR. The red dot is mounted on my carry handle. I put a laser bore sighter in and the red dot appears to be high and slightly to the right from the laser sight.

I've got it adjusted as low as it can go and it's still high/right. Any thoughts, comments or HELP!!!! Thanks all.

FD

2. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

Is the red dot you are using made to be attached to a carry handle? Most BSA red dot's that I've seen are not only cheap, but made for flat top receivers.

3. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

keith, this is attached to a pictney rail that attaches to the handle. Would a picture help?

4. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

no need for a picture...you need to look into whether or not this red dot is designed for mounting to the carry handle.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or put a shim between the scope and the rail on one end. If its high, put the shim in the back.

6. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Thanks Cane, I was wondering if that would work. I may give that a try.

7. j2sw

j2sw New Member

I tried mine on the carry handle and received the same results. Think they are designed for the rail.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

What distance are you trying to sight in at? There is a lot of space between the bore and the red dot. While it may be off up close it might be right at 50 yards. Is there any open rail space on the receiver? If yes, you could mount a 45 degree offset rail for the red dot.

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I got an ncstar holographic sight on my carry handle and its dead on, ive had bsa products before and they never seemed to work as advertised.

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Have you rotated the bore scope through 360°, 90° at a time?

11. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Thanks guys, I'll give those ideas a try.