Firearms Talk banner

Red Dot Sight For High Point Model 995

48K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  7.62 Man 
#1 ·
I recently bought a High Point Model 995 Carbine! I LOVE IT! Its a GREAT little gun. I want to upgrade to a "red dot" sight, but i don't know what to go with. I would like to stay under 150 bucks, but what is the best one to go with for this gun? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
#6 ·
i gave $188 shell gun everything money well spent.the wife even likes it .i think it is everybit as good as a smith wesson
I'm really biting my tongue!

And its Smith & Wesson.

#7 ·
I'm really biting my tongue!

And its Smith & Wesson.
I decided to not even pay attention to that one, Cane. I even own a High-Point pistol in .45 and the .40 carbine. The only Smithy I have is an old Model 10 in .38 special.

Once I read that one, I shook my head and ran away...:eek:

#8 · (Edited)
I bought a cheap BSA ($22) red dot for my HiPoint.40 Carbine. It looks exactly like that Walther red dot. The damn thing shoots 2" groups at 50 yds with the peeps, so I decided not to fu^k with it. To install the sight rail on that gun you need to remove the rear sight - now if your battery dies you're screwed!

#9 ·
I put a cheap red dot on my Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, and the Girl freind loves it. She can shoot the center out of a target at 50yds no problem. She keeps telling me that's is her gun now.:eek:

#10 ·
I just got a 995TS Carbine (9mm). You can remove the iron sights and

put a reflex sight on with a couple Allen wrenches and no mods.

They are a perfect match, IMO.

I'd go with a less expensive sight, otherwise it would go against the

whole grain of overall cost, but there are many to choose from, and

pretty much any of them will get the job done, considering the range

of the unit.

#11 ·
I put a cheap red dot on my Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, and the Girl freind loves it. She can shoot the center out of a target at 50yds no problem. She keeps telling me that's is her gun now.:eek:
That is the way it starts.:rolleyes: So when is the wedding?:D

#13 ·
I just mounted a 40 dollar Barska 30mm red dot scope on my 995 TS and after 3 adjustment rounds, I've gotten 1.5" groups at 40 yards.'Course, it took me 400 rounds to get there...damn palsy! I kid, big Hi-point fan. Love my carbine. Always goes "bang!" when you want it to. Just FYI, steel jacket WPA FMJ 9mm rounds feed, fire and cycle through my 995 like butter...

#20 ·
#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.