Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I shooted a Maverick with a red dor scope (Tasco), since that day I want a shootgun with a red dot...:rolleyes:
What red dot scope do you recomend for a shootgun and why... :confused:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I use a Bushnell Holo Sight Part # 51-0023 on my tactical shotgun. It has a red holographic reticle in the viewfinder and the viewfinder has a 1-1/4" X 3/4" view screen. The batteries last a long time and you can adjust the intensity of the reticle light . I've had it for quite a numbers of years now and it has always worked well. I beleve they go for just over $300.00

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
The mini Aimpoint

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aimpoint or Truglo

The Aimpoint products are very good, and your choice depends on your applicaton. I agree the mini aimpoint is a great choice.

A less expensive option is a Truglo sight. These are available as 1x power (no magnification) and 2x power. That is item #3 on this website:

Amazon.com: truglo: Sports & Outdoors

I have one of those (#3) on my shotgun, and I like it. It is very sturdy and has been reliable for me.

Kind regards,

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
Bushnell works good. I have one on my Mossy 500.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
You can go with a tasco if your not going to be shooting them blow your shoulder off 3.5" super mag turkey loads that kill on both ends of the shotgun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts