Red dot scope for shootgun?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by AsmelEduardo, Mar 28, 2009.

1. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Once I shooted a Maverick with a red dor scope (Tasco), since that day I want a shootgun with a red dot...:rolleyes:
    What red dot scope do you recomend for a shootgun and why... :confused:

2. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I use a Bushnell Holo Sight Part # 51-0023 on my tactical shotgun. It has a red holographic reticle in the viewfinder and the viewfinder has a 1-1/4" X 3/4" view screen. The batteries last a long time and you can adjust the intensity of the reticle light . I've had it for quite a numbers of years now and it has always worked well. I beleve they go for just over $300.00

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

4. jjohnson

jjohnson New Member

Aimpoint or Truglo

The Aimpoint products are very good, and your choice depends on your applicaton. I agree the mini aimpoint is a great choice.

A less expensive option is a Truglo sight. These are available as 1x power (no magnification) and 2x power. That is item #3 on this website:

Amazon.com: truglo: Sports & Outdoors

I have one of those (#3) on my shotgun, and I like it. It is very sturdy and has been reliable for me.

Kind regards,

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Bushnell works good. I have one on my Mossy 500.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You can go with a tasco if your not going to be shooting them blow your shoulder off 3.5" super mag turkey loads that kill on both ends of the shotgun.