Red Dot Optic sight for M4?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Wornouttrails, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Wornouttrails

Wornouttrails New Member

Looking to upgrade my sights on my M4 Carbine.........Any recommendations on a good quailty Optic? Thanks, W.T.

2. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

3. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

Well, it depends...What's the optic going to be used for, close range or medium to long range? Do you want any magnification? Red-dot type or crosshair type?
    Most importantly is what is your price range?

If you've got the money you could always go with a good ACOG or a Jpoint or the bundle of the two from JP Enterprises, of course that's the high end stuff for competition. Check out OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear

4. StoneCobra

StoneCobra New Member

Like ARnoob said, I don't know what your funds are, but the Aimpoint H-1 is great. It is light and very quick on aquiring the target. This also depends on what range you will be using it for, but you can always add a magnifier.

5. russ

russ New Member

So far, I'm digging my EOTech 512. I may see about adding a magnifier to it at a later date.

6. StoneCobra

StoneCobra New Member

That's a good way to go also! I think it is a toss up between them both. I run an aimpoint on my personal AR and a eotech on my SWAT rifle. I like both,, but was really impressed with the H-1 Aimpoint.

7. Wornouttrails

Wornouttrails New Member

Thanks for your insight on my m4 sight delima!

I am leaning toward an H-1 Aimpoint for my M-4! (The 517 Eotech may also find its way on the shorty) ..................Thanks, W.T. :cool:

8. MILWAR

MILWAR New Member

I'm a Tactical Gear Retailer. The Aimpoint Micro H-1 is definitely a good choice.

When you pick up the H-1, you'll have to decide if you want to mount it directly on the rail, or on a raised mount. The H-1 is a small sight and the red dot will be approximately 1/2 and inch above the rail surface.

If you'd like the dot higher than that, there is a Larue Quick Disconnect mount that will raise it another 1/2 an inch.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. We have a lot of experience with the Aimpoint line.

Have a good day!

Matt

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

MILWAR welcome to the FTF forum! :D

Maybe you can stop by the INTRODUCTIONS section of the forum and tell us a little about yourself...and your TG site. :)

You may be able to drum up some business and returning customers here, if you become a Vendor...with the usual * cough, cough * FTF forum member discounts! :D

Please contact Administration if you would be interested in becoming a Vendor here.

Jack

10. MILWAR

MILWAR New Member

Wow, didn't know it was that affordable. I saw the outrageous monthly fee that another "popular" forum wanted me to pay to be a "member" and decided to go in stealth on all the forums.

I got the subscription, thanks for the heads up!

Ok, I'm legit now.....lol

Matt

11. MILWAR

MILWAR New Member

We do have the Aimpoint Micro H-1 in stock with free shipping (ships within 24 hours). You can see it here:

Aimpoint Micro H-1

It shows a picture of "just the H-1 on a Rock River Arms rifle", and it shows a picture of "the H-1 and the Larue" mount. You can add the mount by choosing the checkbox option that says: LaRue Quick Release Raised Mount (11465)

Matt

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Oh hell!! :eek:

A brand new Supporting Member? Now I really want some real special FTF forum optical tactical gear discounts...and that INTRODUCTION, Matt! :cool:

Jack

13. brandy

brandy New Member

14. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

I run an aimpoint T-1..... basically the same as the H-1.. tough as nails. I have a compm2, m4s, and an eotech 512.... but the aimpoint micro's (H-1 and T-1) are sweet. I just can't take the thing off....

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

While I really wanted to get a T-1 or H-1 I really didn't have the cash to spring for one.
    I ended up getting a Vortex SPARC mini red dot a few weeks ago for $199 including mounts.
    While the battery life is measured in months instead of years like the Aimpoints, the batteries are cheap, it's waterproof/shockproof and seems like its a very well made lower cost option.
    I am very impressed with it so far, but only time will tell if I need to test Vortex's lifetime warranty
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010