Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a mossberg 835 and I'm wanting a red dot on it for turkey season but I'm not sure what one would be good with the 31/2 inch shells I'm goin to be using and I'm on a small budget 100 buck or less thanks for for your help

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
With 3.5's that's a lot of recoil to ask a budget red dot to deal with. If it was me (and it was a while back) I'd use fiber optic sights.:)

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Use that money to buy shells and practice. That will help more thasn a dot.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
locutus said:
Use that money to buy shells and practice. That will help more thasn a dot.
Aiming ain't the problem my eyes suck and I can't see my bead clear enuff I had a fiber optic sight on it but recoil knock it off and I couldn't find it the other day when I was shooting some 31/2 00buck so the why I'm thinking about a red dot maybe a fix power scope

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Bushnell, TRS 25 has worked well on my AR and Marlin .30-30. Old Tasco Propoints that were made in Japan before operations were moved to China, are pretty tough, and you can find them on E-Bay from time to time. I had a PDP2 that went for years with no trouble at all. Finally had a friend talk me out of it for his kid's AR. Still running on that rifle.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry took me bit to get back to this I been thinking more about a fixed power scope then red dot because I believe the 31/2 would way to much for it I'm thinking about a bushnell banner?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They hold up really well the only problem I had was that the factory flip open covers like to fall off after you shoot so I just took mine completely off
Ya but that no big deal tho is the red dot easy to see when it bright out

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Ya but that no big deal tho is the red dot easy to see when it bright out
Yea it has red, green, and blue and three different brightness settings on each color I always used the green because I could pic stuff up with it easiest...but ya I never had a problem seeing the dot plus it has a sun shield on it

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea it has red, green, and blue and three different brightness settings on each color I always used the green because I could pic stuff up with it easiest...but ya I never had a problem seeing the dot plus it has a sun shield on it
Alright thanks man I think goin to get it because they aint really that pricey and I would rather by one then break one and have to replace it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts