Red dawn

Discussion in 'History' started by leam23, Jul 30, 2013.

1. leam23

leam23 New Member

Call me crazy... Many do.... But "Red Dawn" ( the original or maybe even he recent one) is scary to watch considering the current international a d national state of affairs . Does anyone else see this or am I crazy ? Feel free to substitute the Cubans/ Russians or Chinese for our own government or any other entity

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Radical Islam......terrorists.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

want to see a scary movie? watch the 1973 movie "Soylent Green" with Charleton Heston and Edward G. Robinson. now that movie is very thought provoking and scary.

4. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Okay, you're going to have to explain a little, the only way i know "soylent green" is a potent cleaning agent i use at work.
    Care to elaborate?

And OP, i understand exaclty what you're saying, my "mall ninja" series actually goes into that :D

5. Axxe55

here ya go OneSpot. it's a decent movie and makes one do some thinking about current situations going on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

6. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Thanks, i'll try and find it online for an actually looksie

7. Axxe55

i saw it at the drive-in when i was about 10. it scared me then and even scares me more now. especially now that i understand population overcrowding, depletion of our resources, lack of land to produce crops or to sustain livestock for food production, a rapid decline in the economy, and many other factors.

8. unclebear

unclebear New Member

not to sound like a crazy person but I honestly do believe that movie is like a warning, hell the remake of it had things taken out because china didn't like them. This should tell you some things. One of the russians tanks for the first one was stopped on its way from the garage to the set by FBI agents because they wanted to know where they got and what not.

What I'm saying is based on what is happening in this country I can see something like this happening.

9. AR10

AR10 New Member

I live in Nebraska. We have six fema camps all set up and ready to hold people. Why? For what?

I take life one day at a time. I don't fear for much, because I got here with nothing, and that is how we all leave.

As movies go, the original was better IMHO. RIP Patrick S.

10. moonpie

moonpie New Member

You know they'll save the best parts for themselves and throw the rest into the pot.

11. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I think instead of a "Red Dawn" scenario, a more likely one is martial law.

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If you believe "Hollywood" movies are predicting the future, well? You will really enjoy "Alice In Wonderland". The Liberals who make and sell these things are only interested in your dollar not Armageddon.:rolleyes:

13. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Red Dawn scenario is ludicrous at best, an invasion by a foreign force on North America is just impossible. There just isn't another country on the planet with the logistical ability to even get an occupying force here even if we just sat and watched, now lets toss in 20% of our defensive capability.... Now a slow death from within, I think we a currently watching it in some forms!!!!

14. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

I don't know about impossible, but it's certainly a stretch. Another thought-provoking movie is "The Day After". It's about nuclear war with the soviet union/russia. An even more graphic movie is "Threads" made by the BBC and also about nuclear war. Although these movies were made in the 80's they still make you wonder what would happen if it really did occur. If you like black and whites then I recommend "Panic in Year Zero". It's about a family that goes on a camping trip, but ends up trying to survive in the California mountains after a nuclear war with the USSR. All of these movies are available on youtube or for download If you have a video downloader (iLivid is a good one to use and is simple enough). Hopefully these events will be stay confined to fiction and not reality. But, we must always be prepared for a worst case scenario. It would be naive of us to just shrug it off as an impossibility.

15. Axxe55

for the most part i agree. from a logistics point, i think it would be highly improbable and unlikely that a foreign country could invade the US. but still under the right circustances, it could possibly happen.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

China must be pretty decent at logistics to keep all those people fed, housed, educated, and moved from home to work and back. Let's not discount our screen door borders; if a Mexican smuggler can figure out how to truck 30 farm laborers into the U.S. illegally, how hard would it be for accomplished people movers (Chinese military logistics people) to move some well-disciplined troops into some key locations?

17. TankTop

FYI, it couldn't happen, not an invasion. It is beyond the ability if foreign nations with their logistical capabilities period, end of conversation!!! They don't possess the ships or aircraft to get enough boots on the ground for an invasion. We are talking about blue water navy's, just google Russia and China and what they currently have in service. I'm calling BS on this one, not only is it improbable but it is impossible. Lets say an airplane can hold 400 soldiers and fly halfway across the Atlantic. So 1,000 aircraft if 400,000 troops... flying across the Atlantic for 12 hours... unnoticed. Never mind we didn't see a half million troops anywhere on the planet boarding aircraft even for an exercise, but the flight across the Atlantic too? OK, let say China uses BOTH of its aircraft carriers plus support ships, that's 30,000 troops.... for a week floating across the Atlantic vs the US Navy.... I'm not trying to be an asss, but invading North America is just dumb, might as well use your rear sight to aim better!

18. TankTop

Furthermore, the United States has agreements and bases all over the world. For us to invade Iraq it took us months with the blessing of pretty much every country that matters. If that's what it took for us to invade a third world nation, what would it take for some country to invade America? Lets just say 1,000,000 Chinese soldiers landed in Florida and the US military didn't even show up. So China vs the population of Florida, 17,000,000 people somewhat armed. After 3-4 days the Chinese army need food and ammo.... and now they are 7,000,000 hungry soldiers heading in Georgia... Now toss in some A-10 Warthogs plus Napalm. Now the Chinese military is getting air support from both carriers that successfully took on the US Navy and still has supplies to spare. OK, at this point the Chinese are down to 5,000,000 troops and head to Washington DC in the tanks and APC's they brought 12,000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean with... stop me when this starts to sound absurd!

19. Axxe55

in a conventional situation, i agree. but for the sake of debate, lets change things up just a bit. let's say, that economically the US has collapsed, the government infrastructure has declared martial law, no jobs, people are starving, and whatever else. borders are not able to be secured and undermanned. then i see the possibilty of an invasion. resistnace would be little or none, because of the current situation and the ensueing chaos going on. but, here's my problem, why would they want o invade our country or any other country that was in this condition? now if that country bordered theirs, then i might see such a thing happening, but to have to travel halfway around the world to invade and occupy a country falling into ruin and dispair?

i agree with you TankTop, just doing some late night what ifs!:D

20. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

What about those south of our border? Seems they have quite a few here already...