Red Dawn practice in Florida?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ShagNasty1001, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9ioCbqJCU&sns=em[/ame]

A friend shared this on my wall today on Facebook. Why on earth would you practice military maneuvers over a civilian population with simulated gun fire???

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

hmm would seem that the military doesn't have bases were this training could of occured.. oh wait.. they do . they have lots of these huge training bases all over the US where this could of been done.. soo, they decided to do it in a real city?

im going to the store to buy all the tinfoil i can!

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Accidents happen during training exercises. So why train in heavily populated areas where many civilians could be hurt and killed?
    Unless they want to train where the action will take place.

Exactly the same training in Houston.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Pretty low flying choppers over a populated area for training....And the local police needed this training too? Hard to see with all the red flags..

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Buy more ammo people. Its starting.

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

That scares me alot. Our military does not train in populated civilian areas like that. What was that REALLY about???????

7. AR10

AR10 New Member

I saw on the news a day or two ago, this type of military, police drill in Texas.

When fifteen guys surround my truck, over a long skinny open pit in the floor, it would like I am getting my oil changed. What else could it be?

Birthday cake means one thing, a birthday, right?

What do these videos really show? They show, just what it looks like, a military, police take over of civilian areas in our country, nationwide.

Red Dawn is about to start, and me without a horse.

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Basic strategies 101, "Show of Force". Psychological warfare ....!

:eek: I'm A-skeerd :eek:

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The Army was going to use the old Galveston County Jail for urban warfare training; however, after publicity, they cancelled the training.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/news/local_news/article_fb01f102-6b56-11e2-96ed-001a4bcf6878.html

GALVESTON — The U.S. Army’s plan to use the old Galveston County Jail for urban warfare training was canceled late Wednesday afternoon.

Calls and emails to the Army were not returned, but the county’s Dudley Anderson, who coordinated the use of the facility with the Army, said the military was a bit “sensitive” to the publicity the training generated

10. dango

After a blatant show of force they are "sensitive about publicity" ?:confused:

11. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible that the military has been doing these sorts of training a for a very long time, but they went unreported because there wasn't as much media then as there is now? Not trying to troll the thread, just curious.

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

To an extent, but the sounds of live gun rounds going off, with no warning to the public? I think that is a recent twist.

Past exercises were geared more towards medical intervention, than assault tactics.

13. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Very interesting. I dont like it

14. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

See how is this "ok"? How can that guy say "oh if its to protect the kids im all for it"? Thats not fishy when theres NO warning of this so called drill HFD HPD and other places cant notify each other when they supposedly knew of it let alone the RESIDENTS? And why the hell are they doing all this in populated areas without warning? Explain it to me! Or is it just a "coincidence" like most people will say about all this crap....

15. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

If you can not trust your wonderful government, who can you trust?

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

What could happen when someone is hunting, with full camo and sees someone with a mask and gun on his property? Shots ring off towards the hunter. Not a good outcome. And who would be the bad guy in a given situation?

17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe some of our military leaders are using this to warn us of coming attractions.

18. dango

Sarcasm? :D You trust in you and yours........!

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Or it could be they weren't reported because there wasn't as much PARANOIA as now!:D